Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Casters up in the water...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casters up in the water...

When Fishing Casters up in the water what hooks would you use? Im going to be using B911 size 18 mainly because of there wide gape but could i get away with using a bigger hook? I would normally use pellets on a band but where we are tomoz they dont allow hair rigs and you have to buy their pellets (only expanders) so you cant feed or use pellets up in the water.

What you aiming for mate ??? B911 18 should be good for most fish to around 5lb quite a strong hook, id say bury it into the caster and hide the hook point. You should also be able to hook 4and 6mm expanders easily on that hook also without the need of a band ?
    here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

im no caster angler ,far from it but id go with 18s 911 seems about right,
      but id go for a bigger 911 with expanders maybe 16s or even a 14s depending on the quality of the pellet,even so youd be in and out like a fiddlers elbow,good luck with it mate
      brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

Cheers Dave. Im fishing Meadow View In Lymm Cheshire and its full of carp. You can catch fish between 1lb and 20lb. If they are having it up in the water id rather not bury the hook and leave enough showing to hook them on the take. Fishing the expanders isnt the problem its the fact that you havnt got hard pellets to feed that sink cos they dont sell them.

Comment

they dont allow hair rigs and you have to buy their pellets (only expanders) so you cant feed or use pellets up in the water.

Thats shocking..

Comment

Originally posted by CRG147 View Post
            Cheers Dave. Im fishing Meadow View In Lymm Cheshire and its full of carp. You can catch fish between 1lb and 20lb. If they are having it up in the water id rather not bury the hook and leave enough showing to hook them on the take. Fishing the expanders isnt the problem its the fact that you havnt got hard pellets to feed that sink cos they dont sell them.
            ah, im with you now, just a thought could you mash up some expanders for feeding to form a cloud and fish pellet over the top?
            brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

Originally posted by Mickangler View Post
              they dont allow hair rigs and you have to buy their pellets (only expanders) so you cant feed or use pellets up in the water.

Thats shocking..
              Totally agree Mick, will be giving that place a wide one. They are shocking rules and i can't for the life of me see what he's trying to achieve, except send anlers insane.
              I would deffo go with a fake caster on the hook though or you'll be in and out all day.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

start with double maggot on the hook and once the bites start to go put double caster on cause the fish have sussed the hook bait out and are feeding on the caster has for hook pattern a 16/18 wide gape mustad power would be my preference dont burry the hook dont need to id fish a 16
                Last edited by Sutty; 25 September 2010, 09:58 PM. Reason: missed some info off

Comment

FOX MATCH SERIES 2, for caster 19,20,21,22, a good allround hook and its black and strong

Comment

Fishing caster .Hook b911 18 ,when fishing caster i always chuck 4 to 6 over my float when fishing the pole and this normally brings a better stamp of fish to ur hook,try single first then double if u getting pesterd by small fish hope this helpes.

Comment

Its actually a decent place to fish but you just have to get over Dave the owners rules. Mark Addy and a few other interationals fish there and they love it. I will deffo give the Fake Caster a bash if i get bitted but the carp dont let the bits get involved that often.

Comment

Meadow View sell hard pellets as well as expanders.
                        You definitley can't use artificial bates here so fake casters will be a definite no.
                        If you are planning on using casters, you will be catching roach and ide up to about 1.5lbs. I would suggest chopped worm and caster on bottom.
                        I'm sure the rules are there for a good reason.
                        There are some cracking looking fish at this place!!

Comment

Working...
                        X