Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Rubbish expanders-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubbish expanders-

After giving the van de enyde expanders a break for a bit i thought i'd give some other brands a try. Ive tried the fin perfect which just turned to mush and so did the ringers. I now have returned to the van den eyndes and find the perfect, could pellet fish without them

Had the same problem , i use to swear by ringers pellets and used them all the time but not anymore the new generation are rubbish and as you say turn to mush,dont know if i got a bad batch but will not be using again, got 3 bags from different shops and they all turn to mush.

Comment

Just had this problem with fin perfects so gone back to Bait tech Xpanders which are superb.

Comment

BAIT-TECH Xpanders, i think they are best on the market at the moment, especially if done with gellotine.
        Behind a successful man is a good woman, behind an unsuccessful man is the other woman.

Comment

I had similar problems, kept mine covered with water and they went to mush if I didnt do that they would float.
          I prepare them at home now and make jelly pellets, hundred times better and they stay on the hook a lot better.
          Failing that sonubaits f1 hookers are very good
          Let us all bag up

Comment

Fin Perfects are rubbish. RS Elites are spot on, they jelly up really well and have enough of a firm consistency to stay on the hook even when fishing at 16 metres.

Comment

Don't you think expanders prepared with water are better than jellied in winter.
              I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
              He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Skretting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

pound shop ones aint bad as jellies

Comment

Has anyone noticed how it seems much easier to prepare expanders when the water you use is very cold.Ive got a container full of water[as i dont like tap water],and in the spring or cooler months the pellets pump up well with about 3 pumps and then leaving to settle for a few minutes results in nice firm expanders.The same pellets done in the same but slightly warmer water in the summer results in a more rushed approach,because the pellets start to soften a lot quicker,and become too soft if left in the water for a tad too long.Anyone else noticed this?.Ideally its probably better to use the lake water that you intend fishing,but sometimes you might not have enough time, so do the expanders the night before.
                    cornerstone.

Comment

ringers cool water pellets are spot on if done proper

Comment

I don't pump expanders if used only for the hook, all I do is put a few in water to soften & squeeze them whilst submerged after hooking to make em sink.
                        Never get them mushy that way, if they start to go too soft just drop a few more in the water.
                        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

i have used fin perfect with no probs, i do them in pellet pump then drain and put in a sandwichbag and pop them in the fridge, allways do the night before and have no probs. also do the same with geleatine.
                          Just one more cast!

Comment

Have you tried the ton up ! they dont break up at all and i leave the pellets in water all day,i have tried the fin perfect 4mm and they do break up very easily.

Comment

i swear by the bait tech ones but the last bag i have had have been rubbish.
                              [SIZE=7]ELWELL FLOATS

[/SIZE] [url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Working...
                              X