Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

How do i kill maggots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i kill maggots?

Hi all,

I was hoping for a simple way of killing a few pints of maggots that works, ive tried freezing them but they came back to life (i did only freeze them for a day), have tried the in cold water and gradually adding hot water too but ended up scalding them!!!!!!

putting a noose around their necks and kicking the match box away was effective but wouldnt half take some time to do a few pints!!!!!!!!!
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

freeze them for 24 hrs in the bag they come in and they dont lose colour or shape.

Comment

Impressed with the speed of the response rugbystar55!

cheers for that
      To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

haha anytime
        had a good reponse with my dead maggots on sat with the f1 and barble.

Comment

Do they still sink ok or are they better in a bait dropper or groundbait?

Comment

when i got to the venue i popped in water and a couple floated so i just through then down edge.
            i just fed mine through a cup neat

Comment

Nice one, cheers

Comment

Put some water in the plastic bag with the maggots before putting in in the freezer. They will die in a few hours.
                They are fairly tough against the cold but i think adding the water suffocates them ?

Comment

I prefer the freezer method as they dont loose there colour and dont stretch. Plastic bag tied tightly and freeze for 24hrs, nevr had a problem.
                  Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
                  ><((((?>
                  .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

same as that weldec, i only do a half pint, enough for hookers and a few in the feed. but as you say they dont lose colour or stretch.
                    cheers
                    dave

Comment

Originally posted by upinthewater View Post
                      same as that weldec, i only do a half pint, enough for hookers and a few in the feed. but as you say they dont lose colour or stretch.
                      cheers
                      dave
                      Dave, I adopt the same method mate Great minds think alike mate.
                      Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
                      ><((((?>
                      .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

the best way i have done was the method you have treid...put in cold water and add hot water, you must have put to much hot water in to scold them. another way is to get a few (2 or 3 at a time) and roll then round in your hand and between your fingers for a minute...obviously this a a job for once fishing and for hookbait only..somethig i done whilst waiting for a bite whilst on feerder.
                        Just one more cast!

Comment

I think killing faggots is just wrong! So,they're different to the rest of us? Just ignore them and they usually go away! (But,never ever turn your back on them,as I find this encourages the little blighters!) ;-)
                          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Very good paul k

Comment

half hour in front of telly, preferably saturday night, works every time!!!!!!!!!
                              heaven wont have me
                              and hells afraid i'll take over

Comment

Working...
                              X