Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Changing maggots to casters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing maggots to casters

How do i do this quickly?
    I have bought some fresh maggots today and i want them as casters for saturday?
    Cheers
    Connor
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Put them under the corner of the sofa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

i used to turn my own casters, i found the best way was to put them in a bucket, fill it with fresh sawdust, and leave in a warm room,eg kitchen, make sure you riddle the fresh pupe of every hour and keep in the fridge
      hope thi helps
      paul

Comment

Originally posted by sweetcorn paul View Post
        i used to turn my own casters, i found the best way was to put them in a bucket, fill it with fresh sawdust, and leave in a warm room,eg kitchen, make sure you riddle the fresh pupe of every hour and keep in the fridge
        hope thi helps
        paul
        Paul is spot on, If i want my maggots to turn quickly i put them on top of my aqaurium, the heat from the light turns them into casters in no time. but keep ridding them off every 1-2 hours when they start to turn, if you leave them longer they will go very dark, and wont sink. good for hookers the dark ones, but bad for loosefeed. as they wont sink.

Comment

If your casters are dark & float put them into a bucket full of water
          Leave overnight, everyone will sink like a Brick
          100% gauranteed
          Colin

Comment

I have maggots on top of the radiator. They are going crazy!! does this mean they will change soon then?
            [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

I have warmed them up a bit and put them in my carryall now with some sawdust.
              Should these now change by saturday?
              Cheers
              Connor

Comment

Originally posted by connor View Post
                i have maggots on top of the radiator. They are going crazy!! Does this mean they will change soon then?
                i bet your mum loves you
                OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

I did it while she was out.
                  My generation arnt that stupid!
                  She prefers it when im making paste in the kitchen!

Comment

good lad
                    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

There are no short cuts in turning casters, the length of time they take to turn is dependant on the freshness of the bait you are using, this can be ascertained by looking at the feed spots in the maggot the bigger the feed spot the fresher the bait. A real fresh bait will not turn in a week and the first few to come off may take 10/12 days. Adding heat does little other than make the casters small and your caster maggot should be kept in damp sawdust to prevent too much shrinkage and at a fairly constant temperature, I found that the garage was ideal place for keeping them. Once they start to turn you need to be riddling every couple of hours, keep them in between several layers of damp news paper and fridge them this will stop them going to far over. If you have one use a pellet pump instead of the news paper trick and keep them in that, release the pressure every day for a couple of minutes to let the breath.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

As usual your spot on Brian. It is dependant on the freshness of the maggotts conner. Just add some sawdust and leave in the garage, not forgeting to check regulary. Im doing some for the weekend myself, but luckily the bait at my local is always a bit old.

Comment

Working...
                        X