Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

bait for barble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bait for barble

im on a lake next week just wondering ideal baits for barbel its a snake lake with alot of barbel in but also has carp and other species in it

any help will be great

Meat. Pellet
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

maggot its starting to cool down now plenty of them bottom of shelf not on slope

Comment

i dont fish commercials but i recon a big bunch of maggots might do the trick fished on the bottom
        Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
        Perch-3lb
        Tench-5 1/2lb
        Carp-15lb
        Barbel-10 1/2lb
        Chub 5 1/4lb
        Roach 1 1/2lb
        Rudd 2lb
        Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

I had loads of carp and barbel on maggot on top of the shelf in 12 inches of water today, won the match too.

Comment

Dead red maggots, dont be scared to put plenty in either, if hemp is allowed i would put some of this in too.
            Alternate between 3 or 4 maggots on a size 16 or small 6 - 8mm cubes of meat, these will catch the carp or bream too!

Another top bait is chopped work and caster but is a very expensive bait, especially if you are going to be feeding it in large quantities.
            To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

cheers boys keep em coming i was thinking somewhere down the line of meat and hemp or something so swayed me a bit there with the maggots and that

Comment

The beauty of the dead red maggots is that you can put 3 or 4 on a size 14 and you can miss a few bites without losing your bait, unlike expander pellets or meat or paste, thus - saving time!
                To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Working...
                X