Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

home made paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home made paste

hi
    does anybody have any reciepes for home made paste that will keep for more than 2 or 3 days,i know the ready made ones can last for some time,but how do they make them.
    cheers

Hi Fenmd.
    i make mine with tuna in brine.
    pour the tin of tuna in a liquidizer add a little water so it does not clog it up.
    take some fishmeal and trout pellet powder, mix together.
    put tuna in a mixing bowl add powder until you get the right texture.
    i find if you make it on the sloppier side then let it stand for a while it will absorb the powder, then mix it how you like.
    if you dont use it all in one session the rest put in the freezer.
    take it out to defrost the day before you go fishing again.
    hope this helps.
    all the best steve.

Comment

thanks for that ,
      i will give that a go.
      cheers

Comment

Its so easy and cheap to make i always make it fresh it does start to sour even when frozen

Comment

Originally posted by steveevans9 View Post
          Its so easy and cheap to make i always make it fresh it does start to sour even when frozen
          But does it make any difference, I suspect not as I recently used some paste that had been in and out the freezer plenty of times, and caught on it, surprisingly on the same outing fresh made paste caught next to nothing. What about the old smelly cheese paste that got better the riper it got.
          Last edited by Brian G; 6 October 2010, 09:44 PM.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

thanks for your input guys, point taken,i was mainly reffering to the bought groundbait/or paste bags,which are expensive,
            and dont keep to well,yet for example if you buy the dreaded fibre paste,it seems to keep for a while.just wonderingif can be done with homemade paste.
            thanks

Comment

YouTube - how to make paste for margin fishing
              [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
              [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
              [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
              [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

thanks for the link conner.
                cheers

Comment

I've recently been using fibre paste after a few experiments found that the small container that jelly pellets come in filled with dry fibre paste powder and half the container of water makes a great mix for staying on the hook (size 10 I use) for casting and long pole work, there is enough for three or four sessions if you keep the lid on only taking enough for the hook then re-sealing it, after session freeze as soon as possible lasts a few weeks without going sour by then you will be ready for another mix two bags have lasted me all season so far!!!

Comment

thanks hammy 100,useful info.
                    cheers

Comment

Forgot to say keep it out of the sun as well!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X