Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Meat In The Colder Months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meat In The Colder Months

Who fishes meat in the colder months. I have been told its a good way to fish but how do you do it e.g size of meat hook etc.
    Cheers
    Connor
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

I use meat in winter and if you get it right it is an excellent bait. Use very small pieces for feed with a little hemp and use very small pieces on the hook. I will cut a 6mm cube in half for the hook and a 6mm cube in to quarters for feed. I had match wins feeding one quarter cube and 3 grains of hemp after every 3 fish last winter when other anglers couldnt catch at all on meat.

Comment

I always use it through the winter Connor, as Frisky Fish says, its just a case of feeding very little if anything.
      I mainly use tiny pva bags if micros, or a tiny pellet cone of micros with small pieces of meat (did well with strawberry last year) hair rigged on a small bomb, and rather than building up a swim like you would in the summer, i tend to cast around the swim to try and find the fish as they wont be moving around very far.
      all the best.
      To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

i allways use big bates in winter----not a lot of fish but quality ones
        work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

Meat is my main winter bait, use 12 to 18mm punched pieces 3/4 to 1 1/4 inch long on the bomb with a size 20 or 18 Fox series 2 on a long hair with spaghetti as hair stop.

Comment

16 hook 6mm peices cubed feeding a toss or kinda pot for each fish with 2 bits of meat and the rest hemp the small toss pots

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
              Meat is my main winter bait, use 12 to 18mm punched pieces 3/4 to 1 1/4 inch long on the bomb with a size 20 or 18 Fox series 2 on a long hair with spaghetti as hair stop.
              thats large size meat nathan? 18mm? 1.8cm? with a size 20 hook? spaghetti hair stop i agree but that large a peice of meat? forgive me if i am wrong and i may well be but wouldnt a smaller peice be better during the colder months? i dont know.. i am a newbie now to winter match fishing
              for all your carp fishing in the North West visit [url]www.northwestcarp.co.uk/forums[/url] :)

Comment

Originally posted by chesh View Post
                thats large size meat nathan? 18mm? 1.8cm? with a size 20 hook? spaghetti hair stop i agree but that large a peice of meat? forgive me if i am wrong and i may well be but wouldnt a smaller peice be better during the colder months? i dont know.. i am a newbie now to winter match fishing
                hes fishing rod and line you need a big piece on cause thats the only bait out there no freebies around so the carp home in on it the small hooks are used so it looks as natural as possible

Comment

Originally posted by breamgod View Post
                  hes fishing rod and line you need a big piece on cause thats the only bait out there no freebies around so the carp home in on it the small hooks are used so it looks as natural as possible
                  theres my answer cheers Breamgod
                  for all your carp fishing in the North West visit [url]www.northwestcarp.co.uk/forums[/url] :)

Comment

The 20s are like a 16 and big bits are best as the Breamgod says!

Comment

Nath, do you fish it on the pole too? or just the bomb?
                      Real men fish rivers

Comment

You can catch on Bomb ,Pole @ bottom of 1st shelf .
                        I like to Fish it on Waggler any where from 18 inches deep to full depth
                        Have won loads of matches in the winter months fishing up and feeding Nothing .
                        Colin

Comment

Just the bomb, mainly fish pellet on the waggler or maggots on some venues. Very rare I fish the pole in winter.

Comment

Had a good day last week. Fished with Method Mix with micros and Bacon Grill from Lidel. I only cut the meat into 1/4" pieces, and used a Middy size 10 Method Link, Shortest out of the two choices that come. Pretty much exactly how i fish in the Summer really.Had some nice fish, but slower on the take obviously.

Comment

Working...
                            X