Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Please recommend a quality 6mm & 8mm hard pellet - similar to a Skrettings pellet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please recommend a quality 6mm & 8mm hard pellet - similar to a Skrettings pellet

Hi All,

I’m after a decent quality light coloured 6mm & 8mm hard pellet, something similar to the Skrettings 6mm or 8mm but of better quality. I buy Skrettings by the sack load like many others, but the quality of the pellet has been poor in my last few sacks, even the colour of the pellet is constantly changing meaning my pre-drilled pellets are now a diff colour to the feed pellet. The distributor tells me they’re adding more soya to bulk out the mix, don’t know how true this is but I can understand why.

Anyhow, can anyone recommend a decent quality light coloured sinking 6mm & 8mm hard pellet that isn’t irregular shaped, full of dust and bits etc. I only want a few bags to use as hook baits, so I’m not after sack loads.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

James

James,

Have a look at the Yorkshire Baits range - Yorkshire Baits Commercial Feed Pellets
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

G.O.T baits pellets are good, i dont use anything else, they are a little more expensive but worth it.

All The Best

Terry

Comment

James,

Have a word with the Cob house lads (fishfarmer, fishfarmer technician), as they use coppens down there.

the expanders are excellent and the hard pellets very nice too, they break down quicker than skrettings and theyr'e great quality.

I know they do 6mm, not 100% on the 8mm though.

I've always got some in my cupboard and prefer them over skrettings.

Scott
        [URL="http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/"]http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/[/URL]
        [url]http://www.oldghostbait.com/[/url]
        [url]http://www.oldghostbait.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

i use GOT and fin perfect hard pellets both are good but for a lighter colour have a look at the fin perfect
          brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

james iam at cobb house saturday do you want a bag to sample i can give em to paul let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
              James,

Have a look at the Yorkshire Baits range - Yorkshire Baits Commercial Feed Pellets
              Simon, thanks for the link. It's hard to see what they look like on the website, so I'm gonna order a bag of 6mm & 8mm's. Never come across them before, probably because of where I'm located.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by froggy View Post
                james iam at cobb house saturday do you want a bag to sample i can give em to paul let me know
                Froggy, if you don't mind, that would be ideal! I'll see Paul at Manor Farm on Saturday, so I'll give him some cash then to pass on. Cheers mate!!

Comment

I know what you mean about the colour change, they dont seem to be coarse fish pellets any more. Saying that the 8mm pellets I have bought (skrettings) stink to high heaven and Ive caught more fish this season than last season.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyp View Post
                    James,

Have a word with the Cob house lads (fishfarmer, fishfarmer technician), as they use coppens down there.

the expanders are excellent and the hard pellets very nice too, they break down quicker than skrettings and theyr'e great quality.

I know they do 6mm, not 100% on the 8mm though.

I've always got some in my cupboard and prefer them over skrettings.

Scott
                    Thanks for reply Scott. A few people have mentioned the Cobb House pellets now, I've never been there so I've never seen them, would be good to get hold of a few different sizes tho' then take it from there. Hopefully Froggy will get me a bag to have a look at.

Comment

Originally posted by davebee View Post
                      i use GOT and fin perfect hard pellets both are good but for a lighter colour have a look at the fin perfect
                      Davebee, I don't think I've come across the GOT range of pellets, it seems these type of brand of pellet as well as the Yorkshire Bait range are only distributed in certain parts of the country unless you buy mail order.

The Sonubaits Fin Perfect pellets are the best quality I've seen, but I still think there is better out there. I found a bag of 8mm's tonight in the garage, they're exactly what I'm looking for but I have no idea where I got them from, or even what they are. Typical.

Comment

i will get you a bag of each size mate that ok

Comment

Originally posted by froggy View Post
                          i will get you a bag of each size mate that ok
                          Brilliant mate, thanks. Let Paul know what I owe you, and I'll settle it with him. Really appreciate you doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Frisky Fish View Post
                            I know what you mean about the colour change, they dont seem to be coarse fish pellets any more. Saying that the 8mm pellets I have bought (skrettings) stink to high heaven and Ive caught more fish this season than last season.
                            Yeh it seems to depend massively on what batch you get. I recently had 3 sacks of Skrettings pellets (2.5, 4 & 6mm's), and 50% of each sack floated. I took all 3 sacks back to the distributor a few weeks after buying them and got them changed, and every pellet in the replacement sack was a sinker & looked much better qulaity.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
                              James,

Err, they come from Skretting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X