Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Paste through the winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paste through the winter?

Anyone fish with paste throughout the winter?
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

tend to back off it come winter time generally works better for me summer time as the smell from it gets about the water better summer time?
    here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

Have caught on it after breaking ice .
      Just remember you may only have the odd bite so paste must be a lot stiffer in winter
      so you can leave it out longer
      Dont feed anything
      Give it a try you will be amazed
      Colin

Comment

in one of dan (minnowmaster209) 's videos he is using paste in what looks like winter conditions.
        Talk to him
        [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
        [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Im gonna try it then, ive only really got my head round it properly this season if i'm honest, but have had some really good days on it.
          To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Have a look on go fishing sites videos under techniques
            ,i am sure Roy Marlow shows what he does in winter .
            He fishes Paste all year round .
            Colin

Comment

Same as you blueser, only fished it this year but had some brilliant results. I looked up various methods of making paste and tried them, and they are ok eg, boiling water over micros, swimstim green etc, but I still found them a bit lumpy and prone to break up too easily.

One thing I tried was to buy some pelleted fish food off ebay for paste. I ground it to a powder in the blender, and sieved it. As a paste on it's own it far too sticky, but when added to a regular paste mix it makes a mega binder, you can mix the paste as soft as anything but it still holds together for ages. The best mix I got was with all ingredients sieved, using about 4 parts halibut, 2 parts fishmeal, and 1-2 parts fishfood binder.

Fish food: @ 3MM BLOODWORM,SHRIMP,GREEN LIPPED MUSSEL PELLET [email protected] on eBay (end time 23-Nov-10 06:01:33 GMT)

Another good mix I found that holds together really well was liquidised cat meat in gravy ( add a bit of water to blender ) and then stiffen up to suit with sieved fishmeal and halibut.

Last time I was out, ( when it started to go really cold at the end of august ) I made a mix using baitstuff I had accumulated over summer in the freezer...King prawns, crabsticks and mussels. All blended with a bit of water, then stiffened with fismeal and halibut.

Generally I found that if the paste has some liquidised 'meaty' ingredients such as cat food or shellfish, no binder is needed as I think the meat/oil content alone is enough, for just a dry mix to do at the bankside, the halibut/fishmeal/binder is the one.

None were really any better than the other, but they were all better I found than just pellets or swimstim. Next season I'm going to have a bash with krill as an addative or base, depending how expensive it is.

Best overall thing I discovered is that the finer ground the dry ingredients, the smoother the paste.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

fished small pieces of paste on an 18 hook and caught more than anyone else on the pool today

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
                  Same as you blueser, only fished it this year but had some brilliant results. I looked up various methods of making paste and tried them, and they are ok eg, boiling water over micros, swimstim green etc, but I still found them a bit lumpy and prone to break up too easily.

One thing I tried was to buy some pelleted fish food off ebay for paste. I ground it to a powder in the blender, and sieved it. As a paste on it's own it far too sticky, but when added to a regular paste mix it makes a mega binder, you can mix the paste as soft as anything but it still holds together for ages. The best mix I got was with all ingredients sieved, using about 4 parts halibut, 2 parts fishmeal, and 1-2 parts fishfood binder.

Fish food: @ 3MM BLOODWORM,SHRIMP,GREEN LIPPED MUSSEL PELLET [email protected] on eBay (end time 23-Nov-10 06:01:33 GMT)

Another good mix I found that holds together really well was liquidised cat meat in gravy ( add a bit of water to blender ) and then stiffen up to suit with sieved fishmeal and halibut.

Last time I was out, ( when it started to go really cold at the end of august ) I made a mix using baitstuff I had accumulated over summer in the freezer...King prawns, crabsticks and mussels. All blended with a bit of water, then stiffened with fismeal and halibut.

Generally I found that if the paste has some liquidised 'meaty' ingredients such as cat food or shellfish, no binder is needed as I think the meat/oil content alone is enough, for just a dry mix to do at the bankside, the halibut/fishmeal/binder is the one.

None were really any better than the other, but they were all better I found than just pellets or swimstim. Next season I'm going to have a bash with krill as an addative or base, depending how expensive it is.

Best overall thing I discovered is that the finer ground the dry ingredients, the smoother the paste.

Very interesting, youve certainly got me thinking after reading that! good post!

All the best,

Blueser

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                    Have caught on it after breaking ice .
                    Just remember you may only have the odd bite so paste must be a lot stiffer in winterso you can leave it out longer
                    Dont feed anything
                    Give it a try you will be amazed
                    Y? Might as well use a bigger pellet if thats the case in my opinion... If paste aint breaking down cus it's so hard really defeats the object of using it!

Comment

Jake i said Big
                      not 6to10mm
                      Gob Stopper size
                      Even stiff paste will be better than rock hard pellets
                      Big pellets do not work in the same way.
                      Colin

Comment

Working...
                      X