Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fake or Imitation Baits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake or Imitation Baits

Hi all, this might be a daft question but am I correct in thinking that Fake Baits such as imitation maggots, casters, corn etc are, as a general rule, banned in normal match fishing. I have always believed this to be the case but one or two people I have spoken to recently haven't been aware of this. I don't necessarily want to use them but it came up in conversation recently when a novice match angler used some fake bread in a match and caught a good weight of fish on it. He wasn't disqualified or even spoken to but when some of us spoke about it later it was apparent that not everybody was aware of the ban (or not!!) on fake baits.

Thanks, your comments and advice will be appreciated. Graham
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You are correct NFA match rules that imitation or fake baits are Not allowed
    Colin

Comment

This is rule 29 of model match rules Angling trust (NFA)
      29. Any bait, subject to the local rules appertaining at the time of acceptance as a National Championship venue, may be used during the National Championships, except live or dead fish, spinning baits and artificial lures.
      Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I personally dont like the thought of them anyway, surely if the bait came off and got ingested by the fish it wouldnt do the fish any good.
          To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

i have tried them and never catch as much compared to using the real thing anyway.

i also agree with blueser cant be good for fish eating fake baits.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueser View Post
              I personally dont like the thought of them anyway, surely if the bait came off and got ingested by the fish it wouldnt do the fish any good.
              Yes I agree, I'm not looking at using them, I just wanted some clarification on the rules. I know that the specimen boys use fake baits quite a lot and have some success with them but obviously they are not limited by match rules.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
              X