Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

bagburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bagburn

got a pint of casters with bagburn, are they still ok to use on the hook and feed, apart from the bagburn they seen to be ok

They will be ok. To stop the burn, put them in a brown paper bag then a plastic resealable bag with no air. If you are going to keep then for some time the plastic bag has to be opened every day to let them breath for a short while or you will end up with dead casters. Always expel the air when resealing. They will keep for well over a week in a fridge if you do the above.

Comment

i turned these casters last week and didnt use them, opened the bag a couple of times since, yesterday being the last but am fishing chopped worm and caster tomorrow

Comment

hawb81...Should still be ok to use as loose feed, but not recommended..... When you do your next lot....don't just open the bag to let them breath, give them a good stir too

Comment

ill try a couple on the hook but if i dont get bites i wont use them, tomorrow fishing conditions are going to be ideal so i should get bites

Comment

use black bags

Comment

Originally posted by FORDY-1 View Post
              use black bags
              It's about time tackle shops started doing this, thick, opaque bags are the way forward! But, for carp, owt'll do, I use frozen, stinking black casters and catch loads!

Comment

I had bag burn once.... serves me right for sliding naked down the bannister !
                [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

And me mate, the missus said i was being picky ironing my boxer shorts
                  To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

take them out the bag put them in water in pellet pump put them somewhere cold last for weeks

Comment

That sounds painful! oh you mean the casters.........sorry, i thought......
                      To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Working...
                      X