Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

liquidised bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liquidised bread

when using bread on the hook its fine but its when i want to sqeeze it into a ball to get to the bottom it just breaks up an floats!!! how can i get it to stay intact. also what other ways are there to feed liquidised bread??

www.fishingsos.yolasite.com

dominic(14)

Dom, add some fine gravel to your mix pal, it should go down better.
    Effort = Reward.

Comment

The tighter you squeeze the ball the longer it floats, think how long a slice of bread floats its a similar principle. try cupping un squeezed it sinks almost immeadiately

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

a light squeeze is best soon as it hits the water it will break up and sink
        [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

I always tend to use the freshest bread I can for liquidised bread,but I only really use it through a cage feeder on a river. Have you tried punch crumb,mate?
          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Years ago, an old gadger showed me a trick, you get your bread, break it up, and put it in a cloth money bag, fill it with water, then submerge it for half an hour, taking it out to give it a squadge now and then. It totally saturates the bread, I used to do this all the time as a kid for groundbait.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

That's mashed bread,luke-very good on its day ;-)
              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Fresh bread liquidised, will hang for a second or two when you first chuck it in however it will sink after a second or two
                To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Feeding Liquidised Bread

How you feed liquidised bread depends very much on the depth and flow of the swim you are fishing.

On a shallow lake or canal with little or no flow lightly squeezed bread will float for a second or two before it sinks giving off an attractive cloud as it goes down. There is a really good article by Chavey on the Garbolino website detailing how he fishes bread on the K & A canal.

On moving water up to depths of around 6 ft adding fine gravel to the bread will help it sink quickly.

In deep water bread is best fed with a baitdropper, even if there is little flow as it disperses widely as it sinks.

A personal favourite of mine is the liquidised bread feeder using flake on the hook. It amazes me how often this will produce a chub or big roach when I have struggled for a bite on the float.

All of the above use dry liquidised bread, wetted bread fed as a slop can also work well.

Comment

I'm a fan of the bait dropper.
                    I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

i have used likky on commies in winter but it doesn,t seem to work up here don,t know why but i am goin to persevere with it
                      nige cooke

Comment

Liquidised bread in a tiny open end or cage feeder with small discs of hair rigged bread can be awesome on commercials at this time of year!
                        To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Mix it 50 - 50 with white punch crumb and only wet it using an atomiser otherwise you end up with a squidgy mess..... if you get this right it will sink perfectly and can be used in any depth or in a baitdropper or cage feeder. It also keeps the fresh content of the mix down which is what fills the fish up.
                          Simon Young
                          Admin
                          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

used liquidised bread today, i put some soaked micro pellets and 3 times liquidised bread, i used plain liquidised bread in the cupping kit and the micro mix in the toss pot, but i dont squeeze the bread or the mix just scoop it in and i find that it sinks right away

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
                              I always tend to use the freshest bread I can for liquidised bread,but I only really use it through a cage feeder on a river. Have you tried punch crumb,mate?
                              I`n my opinion the worst thing you can do is liquidise fresh bread --it is far too sticky and goes very lumpy and doesnt crumb up fine enough
                              when i liquidise i tend to do quite a lot at a time-- I`ll buy 4--8 of the cheapest loaves i can from the supermarket and then leave them for at least a week before i crumb them.
                              i then break them up and put through a food processor -i then tip the contents onto sqautt riddle and shake through into a biggish container-- i use an old tin bath--dont force it through the riddle-(the rough stuff left on the riddle can be put through the processor again. and any that wont grind down feed to the birds)-and you are left with a very fine crumb--when ive put all the loaves through i bag it up in about 4 pints a bag and put in the freezer.
                              I find freezing it makes it even better-
                              i take it out of frezeer the night before i`m going to use it
                              When I`m about to start fishing i will put a small ammout of water in my bowl and add crumb and mix it till it is stiff enough to throw -you will have to experiment to get this exactly right--but with the fine crumb it never clogs and goes lumpy and freezing it seems to help this
                              This sinks immediately and breaks up well --I usually throw in a small ball every cast. with the crumb being so fine it has no big bits to fill up the fish.
                              This is for winter Roach and Skimmers in shallowish (up to 5-6 foot) slow moving rivers and drains.
                              Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

Comment

Working...
                              X