Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

worm and caster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worm and caster

still fishing 3 times per week but havnt caught a fish on a caster or worm for about 3 weeks now and pinkie is not much better. i am catching on punch and maggott. just wondering if anyone else is finding the same or if someone might know why

Depends where you're going but on carp lakes worm is no good in winter, caster can be and worm can be good on natural venues for Perch, Bream and Tench.

Comment

Fish can be very fickle mate, ive fished venues where one bait is taking it apart then a week later you cant get a bite on it and a different bait is doing the biz!

Happens on some commercials at this time of year especially with pellet and maggot
      To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

If your on a natural venue like a canal or river, try just chopping up 1 or 2 worms into small pieces, pick 3 or 4 spots and keep flicking between them trying to nick a fish, If you catch top up with with 1 chopped worm, It really will keep you catching all day. By putting in 1 decent pot of chop the fish just wont compete at this time of year, Your looking to just nick a fish here and there on chop at this time of year. Commercials might be different i wouldn't know, But on natural venues this is the sensible approach.

Comment

Went yesterday caught 30lb roach and skimmers on caster pinkies and pellet a very good day.

Comment

yet no one was catching on bread or maggot, Also they wanted feed i put a pot of micros ,mixed with caster and pinkies with my pole cup every put in,when i stopped feeding bites dried up,Then fed again and bites again was like this all day so it s very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by fishster View Post
              yet no one was catching on bread or maggot, Also they wanted feed i put a pot of micros ,mixed with caster and pinkies with my pole cup every put in,when i stopped feeding bites dried up,Then fed again and bites again was like this all day so it s very strange.
              were you on a commercial or natural

Comment

commercial mate but the same water last year fishh didnt want feed weird

Comment

Working...
                X