Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Paste Fishing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paste Fishing.

Looking forward to the heady days of spring/summer,I intend to use paste,something I have never done before.
    Wondering if anyone can help me with tactics and recipes for mixes.
    Once heard of a mix involving sausagemeat and black pudding.......can imagine this being pretty deadly.Has anyone got any info on this?
    Any help greatly appreciated.

both mixes good, but much prefer the black pudding

black pudding paste use the old type ie the one with big lumps off fat in.remove skin and the fat, chop a couple of slices of new bread and kneed together(1/4 bread 3/4 pudding) get it the consistency you like and away you go. Caught loads on it

Comment

I'm convinced If fish eat the ingredient's anthing will work its what consistency its mixed and how you feed.
      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

make it as sloppy as you can ido with all my past mixes
        and as long as the fish are feeding you will have a busy time
        my record weight caught in a match on paste is 160lb
        fish go made for it

Comment

pure fishmeal made VERY runny. like water in fact.maver black ice paste floats are well worth £1.50
          [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=black]Shaun Pearce [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

make it as sloppy as you can get away with. i use IM5 green with 25% yellow IM5 mixed in or just plain swimstim green and i us the preston paste floats because there self setting
            Make The Most Off Your Peg ;)

Comment

when fishing realy slopy paste, best to use a float with no shot down the line. but if u do decide to use a float with shot, bulk all of the shot underneath the float, this avoids the hook being pulled out of the paste due to the weight of the bulk. use a big pot on your pole. i would say the best mixes, are fishmeal. i just use skrettings, grinded in a coffee grinder, adding the paste powder to water

Comment

Originally posted by jake. View Post
                when fishing realy slopy paste, best to use a float with no shot down the line. but if u do decide to use a float with shot, bulk all of the shot underneath the float, this avoids the hook being pulled out of the paste due to the weight of the bulk. use a big pot on your pole. i would say the best mixes, are fishmeal. i just use skrettings, grinded in a coffee grinder, adding the paste powder to water
                Surely if your using really sloppy paste you'd want at least the shoulder of the float submerged from shotting? with no shot used the float would be acting at pulling out of the paste, and if you use a really sloppy paste, this would mean you'd have to be rebaiting far too often?
                Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Use a sliding oli, sized to 'shot' a paste type float to the base of the bristle. Stop it with a float stop or sliding stop knot or a small shot. Then plumb up so when the paste is on the deck, only an inch of bristle is showing. Only strike at quick dips and positive lifts. If the float is 'moving around' they are liners. A quick dip is usually a bite and a positiove lift is either a lift bite (common with skimmer/bream) or the hook has pulled through your bait, either way, you might as well lift. The sliding oil will find 'half way' when you ship out with your paste in a pot set a few feet from the pole tip, thus keeping evreything tight and avoiding any loose line that can cause tangles. When you turn your pole to put the paste in the swim, all you need to do is reach forward to compensate for the distance the paste pot is from the tip of the pole. I use a 10mm toss pot which sits the distance from my elbow to my knee from the pole tip and thus means if I'm fishing with the end of a section under my elbow, all I need do is push the pole out so the section end is on my knee to ensure the paste is going down the same hole.

Many places only need an initial feed then the paste will keep the swim fed. If they want a some feed little and often, I wont hesitate having 2, 3 or even 4 toss pots lined up on my top kit!

I like to feed pellet and make up 3 pastes. 1 out of softened feed pellets to match the feed. one out of ground trout pellet powder and one out of groundbait, usually SupeG or swimstim green. Not too soft mind you, just soft enough so the hook pulls through nicely on the strike and tays on the hook for 1-2 mins.

When mixing the ground pellet or ground bait as a paste, Mix one part mix to 1 part water. Seems too sloppy at first but the particles soon absorb the water. After a while, turn out into a round bowl and mix, adding more water to get the right consistency for the conditions.

You may find things start to slow after a few hours so prep a shallow line and a margin swim or two to keep your options open.

That's how i do it anyway.

J

Comment

If you fish wet paste on deeper swims I.E. 6' the paste would just not be on the hook by the time it reached the bottom.

Comment

paste

Hi there,

Going to give paste a go tommorow,made up three different ones today,one cats and dogs, one voodoo and super g, and one from dynamite tigernut stick mix,unbelievable how much water they absorb,never fished it before so fingers crossed

Jason

Comment

I have never had any problems Jethro. I just adapt my paste to suit. Like I said, I dont necessarily use 'wet' paste, just a soft enough paste that the hook pulls through easily. Dont get me wrong, it's not firm, I mean I couldn't move my rig too much after the bait hit the deck as the bait will likely be pulled through. This set up suits the venues I fish that are rarely over 6 feet deep anyway. On mixed fisheries, it sometimes pays to have a firmer paste so there is still some left after the 'bits' have had a chew! It also, IMO, pays to have a firmer paste when fishing for fewer big fish when bites are further between.

I personally wouldn't be happy fishing in depths over 6 feet with no shot no weight down the line in any case.

Comment

Sorry if you got me wrong Jon but my post was aimed towards the anglers who prefer paste dripping off the hook, not that anyone mentioned fishing deeper swims its just a bit of info, I made this mistake when I first started to use it sitting there with no hook bait until a friend pointed it out.

Comment

thats y u use a self cockin float stevl

Comment

baitech

special g green groundbait makes a fantastic paste regards john rhodes

Comment

Working...
                              X