Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

drennon method mould

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drennon method mould

hi folks
    bought 1 of these recently and cant get it to work ?has anyone else had problems or is it just me
    im using it with g/bait(pellets bained) but cant get it out the mould .now the obvious thing is the mix is wrong.but ive got a mould that was free in the angling times and this works every time.any ideas?
    feel like i waisted my money.in my oppinion drennon are ace at everything they do.so it must b me
    help!!

Bin it along with all the feeders and get the Guru X-safe ones and Moulds. Spot on.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

I had the same problem with these moulds and now have the solution. You need to make your g/bait/pellet mix a little wetter than usual and they work a treat.

Comment

I've gone back to the preston ones,as I was having the same trouble.
        Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Same problem! Do you mean you soak the pellets longer Simon? Surely the feeders are ok in a Guru mould Connor!?

Comment

I personally use my hands, find it quicker and end up lashing the mould after a short while.
            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
              Same problem! Do you mean you soak the pellets longer Simon? Surely the feeders are ok in a Guru mould Connor!?
              feeders are ok in the guru mould nath sold all my preston ones . but how use guru are shot on.

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                I just add a bit more water than normal. Sometimes during the day the problem reoccurs so I just add a bit more water and mix it in.

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
                  I personally use my hands, find it quicker and end up lashing the mould after a short while.
                  I had heard that about you,spadge!! ;-)
                  Alwight tweacle?

Comment

The trouble I have with the drennan is the feeder always clips the edge of the mould once I've got the groundbait on and I try and remove the feeder from the mould. Has anyone else had the same trouble? I may try and modify the mould a bit,see if I can remedy it.
                    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

when using the Drennan method moulds,lift the finished moulded feeder out on the mould by the tail rubber.
                      if you have trouble with groundbaits,pellets,or both together sticking to the inside of the moulds.take an oily soft hooker pellet,crush in inside the mould and rub the inside of the mould with it.the oil will help prevent sticking

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
                        The trouble I have with the drennan is the feeder always clips the edge of the mould once I've got the groundbait on and I try and remove the feeder from the mould. Has anyone else had the same trouble? I may try and modify the mould a bit,see if I can remedy it.
                        Paul, the problem is the feeder is to tight a fit for the mould,shave 2mm off round the edge of the feeder with a small grinder problem solved.you will find you have to do all your feeders.
                        Behind a successful man is a good woman, behind an unsuccessful man is the other woman.

Comment

great its not just me then, thanks for all the comments.ill try your sugestions except the bin it one
                          im with the folks that think its to tight a fit ive tried a wetter mix,didnt work,the oily pellet sounds like it might
                          cheers

Comment

I found peeling sides back helped there's also a video on you tube if it helps

Comment

The best tip i saw at White Acres was.......

With all Method Molds one angler loosely ties a small plastic bag around the mold, keeping the knott at the back of the mold - totally covering the mold.
                              Fill the mold as normal....... dry mix / wet mix, pellets etc it does not matter all turn out perfect.
                              I think its down to the bag that allows the surface of the mold to move - on a really sticky mix (long chuck or deep swims) i just pull the knot at the back which pops the mix out!!!

I use a bag over all my molds now, great for the above reasons, also stops the mix going in the back of the Preston type molds.

I know we should not have to do it......... but it deffo works..... GIVE IT A GO!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X