Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Liquidised Bread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Liquidised Bread.

    What's the best way to prepare liquidised bread and present it for roach, and do you use fresh or stale bread. Thanks.

  • #2
    personally i think its subjective! Obviously liquidising it would be a pre and also in my opinion taking the crusts off but for the rest i would get out there and try it..See wot works for u....This winter i found having microwaved and un microwaved bread a help ,was able to vary much more,without to much effort, wot went on the hook! Should check YOUTUBE few vids on there on this subject!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by carpbagger View Post
      What's the best way to prepare liquidised bread and present it for roach, and do you use fresh or stale bread. Thanks.
      use fresh bread mate cut all crusts off then rip the bread into about 6 pieces put it in liquidizer an blend till as fine as u want it.by using fresh bread u dont av to add any water to make it sink just give it a slight sqeeze it will float for a few seconds then sink slowly.
      for hook bait cut crusts off again then put bread in microwave for 15 seconds an get a rolling pin to flatten the bread out this is then bang on for hook bait just use your punch an away u go.........

      Comment


      • #4
        forgot to say tha this method is mainly used in winter when waters very clear.
        this time of year for roach your better off using caster over ground bait..........

        Comment


        • #5
          For feed I use Supermarkets own brand loaf. I buy it at least 4 days before required and leave it in the packaging to go a bit stale.

          To prepare it I cut the crusts off and whiz it up in a food processor a few slices at a time. I pass it through a maggot riddle and put any resulting lumps back into the processor. During the coldest months I will pass it through a pinkie riddle. The feed is now ready for use, or it can be improved further by freezing and then passing the frozen bread through the processor again.

          A lot of people only use it on clear venues in winter, I have also found it very effective in colored canals in summer where the Roach are used to bread.

          I have also used fresh bread liquidized with the crusts on, fished on a method feeder for Carp with flake on the hook.

          Comment


          • #6
            old and bald has the correct method....although its down to personal choice....winter i like it like dust summer its not so important.Some cup it in loose, some give it a squeeze...Others use it like soup awesome method to catch fish on....and cheaper than chips
            In darkness we do what we can
            In daylight we're oblivion

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Larry Teepot View Post
              old and bald has the correct method....although its down to personal choice....winter i like it like dust summer its not so important.Some cup it in loose, some give it a squeeze...Others use it like soup awesome method to catch fish on....and cheaper than chips
              That aint hard these days though Larry is it??? chips aint cheap anymore are they? lol
              To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

              Comment


              • #8
                Im with carpcrazy on this one!

                Originally posted by carpcrazy View Post
                use fresh bread mate cut all crusts off then rip the bread into about 6 pieces put it in liquidizer an blend till as fine as u want it.by using fresh bread u dont av to add any water to make it sink just give it a slight sqeeze it will float for a few seconds then sink slowly.
                for hook bait cut crusts off again then put bread in microwave for 15 seconds an get a rolling pin to flatten the bread out this is then bang on for hook bait just use your punch an away u go.........
                To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm with oldnbald.
                  [url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/RL-Pole-Floats/188786494654295?ref=tn_tnmn[/url]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If you want your bread even finer, freeze it, the blend it again when frozen.
                    [URL="http://www.fishingforforces.org/"]http://www.fishingforforces.org/[/URL]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks for your input lad's, very informative and what I was after!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Which way have you opted for? Or are you going to try them all to see what suits you
                        [url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/RL-Pole-Floats/188786494654295?ref=tn_tnmn[/url]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RS2scooby View Post
                          Which way have you opted for? Or are you going to try them all to see what suits you
                          I will be trying all suggestions to see what suits me!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Good luck with it, you will have some cracking days using it
                            [url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/RL-Pole-Floats/188786494654295?ref=tn_tnmn[/url]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RS2scooby View Post
                              Good luck with it, you will have some cracking days using it
                              Thanks mate!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X