Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Does anyone colour their pellets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone colour their pellets?

Was wondering if any of you colour your pellets?

I was thinking more along the lines of colouring expanders green when fishing a green pellet only venue ie Makins?

I would do some expanders anyway but was wondering if anyone had ever pumped or soaked expanders in the green swim stim additive or similar to produce a larger green soft pellet??
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I've coloured pellets before. Green seems to work well in the winter fished with betaine pellets and red is always a good colour too.
    [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Thanks for that mate, would you use food colouring or do you think i could pump expanders in water thats got the green swim stim liquid additive in?
      To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

i think you would have to use at least 2parts additive to 1 part water to get the desired effect,got to be worth a try though
        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Hi Blueser.
          I pump mine with green swim stim most of the time, it just makes them darker.
          I think you would need a light coloured pellet to get any real colour change.
          All the best steve.

Comment

Cheers lads, it would only be for hookers, so i could probably even go 50/50 with the water as i wouldnt want a massive amount.

Would it still work if i used gelatine? or would that be diluting it too much?

Comment

Originally posted by fish farmer View Post
              I've coloured pellets before. Green seems to work well in the winter fished with betaine pellets and red is always a good colour too.
              I used green food colouring mate, but that said, I was using a paler pellet than, say, RS pellets (we had some 'specials' ;-) )
              [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Cheers lads, reckon i'll do a bit of experimenting prior to the match!

Comment

Working...
                X