Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Expandable Pellets 4mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expandable Pellets 4mm

Hi guys
    I need advice one expandable pellets.
    1 - How to prepare properly
    2 - Do you feed hard pellets of the same make when using the hookable ones or do you feed soft pellets
    3 - Do you fish them at dead depth.
    4 - How do you store them to use another time.
    5 - Which brands are best.
    All advice will be much appreciated.
    Tight Lines
    LES

Maver next gen or cool water if you can get them.
    Depends on the day if they want hard or soft pellets but I use dynamite original pellets.
    Instead of storing for another time just use the amount that you will use for a session.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

1 - How to prepare properly - Submerge enough for 1 session in double the amount of water in a pump. Pump until they all sink and then leave in the water while you set up. If they are good expanders, they will be very soft and just sinking within half an hour. Take them out and drain into a bait box now.
      2 - Do you feed hard pellets of the same make when using the hookable ones or do you feed soft pellets - Depends what you are fishing for. For carp, probably feed hard pellets through a catty, or dampened pellets in a Kinder. For skimmers, tench, crucians feed balls of dampened micros with a few pumped expanders as well.
      3 - Do you fish them at dead depth. - Again, depends what you're fishing for. In cooler weather, yes fish dead depth or just off bottom. Warmer weather, fish anything up to 12" deep. For skimmers, it can be deadly to fish 2-3" overdepth with a No8 shot just off bottom. Bites will be a lift.
      4 - How do you store them to use another time. - Don't just prepare sufficient for one session, or even better, half a session and prepare more after a couple of hours.
      5 - Which brands are best. - Personally, I have found GOT Baits to be far and away the best. The old Ringers by Van Den Eynde were good, but I'm not so keen on the Dynamite Baits ones. Mosella Halibait are good, too.
      The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
      Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
      Check out:
      www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
      log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

i've used various types but without a doubt the best and easiest to use are BAIT - TECH expanders you don't need a pump either and everyone sinks brilliant ...... soft and they stay on the hook

Comment

I use baitech expand best pellet i have found.I pump mine with gellatine powder and ad scopex to the water when pumping,the bream and carp love em after i have let them soak al the liquid up i dye them red .1 put enough pellets in a pump for a session.
          2,boil enough water to cover pellets.
          3.pour the powder I.e gellatine into the boiling water and stir til all powder has dissolved.
          4,add a squirt of scopex to the water and pour into your pelet pump.
          5.pump until the water has being soaked up by the pellets.
          6,let them stand and cool down then tip into a bag and store in fridge, over night and hay presto jelly pellets that never come off.when i,m fishing thes pellets i feed soft micros over the top or ad them to my groundbait.

Comment

Kev Raven at Spilsby Angling Centre, has in stock the best expanders I have ever used.
            Just put them in water, pump to sink, and you can leave them in water all session, no need to drain, they stay rubbery and dont go mushy.
            Ive even saved them in water in the fridge and used them a week later.
            PS: I dont know what make they are , he`s keeping that a secret.
            Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

Comment

I use Ringers NG Expanders. I have tried umpteen diffrent ways of preparing expanders and the easiest and best is simply when you get to your peg put pellets in a bag and cover with lake water, tie a knot making sure their is no air left in the bag, leave for approx 1 hour whilst you are setting up and by the time you are ready to start the pellets will be perfect for the hook.

Comment

I had a couple of bags of vde original expanders used for couple of years superb then ringers. Recently bought some vde guy said the originals have long gone so tried marine rs something or other. Well what a load of goldust they are. Just fall to bits. Not very stable.
                Last edited by Larry Teepot; 20 August 2012, 06:13 PM.
                Like fishing!! Prefer catching!!

Comment

Hi.
                  V.D.E RS Elites, great expander pellet, i do mine in gelatine, never had a problem with them, also have used Xpanda, these are good as well.
                  All the best steve.

Comment

Bait Tech,or Got Baits expanders.

Comment

Pudsli I will try with the gelatine sometime. But usually do mine on the bank with lake water. My opinion is you shouldn't need the gelatine though. But if it works or works.

Comment

Hi Mr B.
                        You should be o.k with the vde or other pellets people have mentioned, i only jelly mine when the kids come with me, they are o.k whithout gelatine.
                        All the best steve.

Comment

If you have to use gelatine for expander pellets then thay are rubbish,it would be funny if people took them back to the shop & asked for there money back.I don't mind spending a good amount of money in a shop but we should be looked after better on expander pellets.With good expander pellets (if you can get them/put a block from your cool bag in your bait box in hot weather,this is a good tip.

Comment

Cheers pudsli. Gonna try the gelatine if it helps. L

Comment

ive got a couple of the old vde light pellets if anyone wants to buy them £100 a bag lol

Comment

Working...
                              X