Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

worm shallow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worm shallow

hi all, any tips on fishing worm shallow needed please.

Do you use g/bait wet with it and crushed casters and bits of worm?

How often do you feed?

Any help please!

i always put some vde predator plus in mine as it leaves a lovely red cloud but you can also leave the soil that the worms come in or get some got baits atomic cloud and mix it really sloppy and you can use any colour you want. i have a tosspot on my pole and feed every put in to keep the cloud in the swim.

Comment

i fish worm shallow alot in the summer ,i feed two ways 1 use the head of worm on the hook and spraying caster,2 fill a toss pot up with chopped worm and caster drop in from about 3 foot and follow it down with hook bait again just the head of the worm on the hook always leave abit of soil in with your chopped worm as it gives more of a cloud.

Comment

thanks for the info lads, but how long do you give this method before you try another and would you feed a big cup fall at the start to get the fish in your swim?

Comment

i would give it at least 30 mins and i would not feed a big pot .with using the toss pot repeat process every 3-5 mins. lifting and lowering your rig every 20-30 secs.

Comment

Works well when water temperature is 18c or higher

Comment

how much of a worm are u guys usein on the hook?

Comment

Originally posted by bondys21 View Post
                how much of a worm are u guys usein on the hook?
                for shallow u just want a tiny piece, 1cm at times, they just suck it in very easily and u dont miss the bites.

Comment

glue a piece of foam into a toss pot and after the first pot if you have had no bites ,and are using a dye pred plus,pot in some water because the foam will still have some dye in it making a cloud with only your bait in the water

Comment

what quantity of worm would you normally use for a 5 hour match ??

Comment

Not a cheap method as you can get through a kilo quite easily
                      Simon Young
                      Admin
                      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Working...
                      X