Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Marukyu Pellet Paste.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marukyu Pellet Paste.

I got some 1mm Nori hard pellets other day but they are too fine for what I wanted them for, so I might as well use them to make paste. I'm new to pole fishing, how do you fish paste in margins...? Have seen videos of soft paste being shipped out in pots. What about a stiffer paste do you still need to put it in pole pot...? Any tips for a beginner.

Thanks.

the stiffer the paste the more bites you will miss, you want to make the paste as sloppy as you can get away with.

Comment

As above, dont use stiff paste, you would just be as well to use pellets if your going to fish it stiff. Make it as sloppy as you can get away with but make sure that you shot your float so the buoyancy of the float doesnt pull the hook out of the paste.
      [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
      [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
      [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
      [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks for your replies, I see why you need a soft paste....

Comment

i use a zip tie on my top 2 and hang the hooked paste over it as i dont like using a pole pot for anything other than feeding as i have experianced tangles shipping paste out,

Comment

i use a zip tie on my top 2 and hang the hooked paste over it as i dont like using a pole pot for anything other than feeding as i have experianced tangles shipping paste out,
            If you add a small silicone rubber around the very top of the pole bristle as well, this stops the wrap overs i think you are eluding to by leaving the paste and rig to slide into position.

Comment

The use of a cable tie is o/k if our using the fiberous paste, but to have the right consistency when using mushed pellets it would not stay on the hook, use a pole pot made for the job, paste, sloppier the better, dust it first with some ground bait to stop it adhering to the pot. Be precise as to where to drop the bait in, and then get your float over the top of that. You dont want to be moving the tackle once it,s in place, move it and you may as well ship back and re-bait.It,s like method once your in thats it, move it, fetch it out and re-bait

Comment

Working...
              X