Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pellet presentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pellet presentation

Hi guys, I would like some advice and tips please for when it comes to fishing hard pellets on the hook? is it best to fish a band on a hair,if so, what length hair? or band the pellet straight on the hook? if so do you have the band on the shank or the bend? what size hook is best for say, a 6mm pellet? any advice welcome. many thanks.

6mm pellet - 18 pr36. 8mm pellet - 16 pr36. Any bigger - 14 pr36. The hair length depends on what you are doing, as you will have a shorter hair on the pellet waggler and method compared to a bomb or feeder. I put all my hard pellets on a band.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Neil - you can use rig tubing (what the specimen lads use) on the hook. Then you can adjust the point at which the pellet hangs from the hook. I fish a size 16 for 6mm, or as Connor said you can go bigger if they're having it. Hook choice is a personal thing, just use the same hooks as you use for your usual tactics, except in eyed versions.
      Real men fish rivers

Comment

So its best to use a band on a hair, rather than banding directly to the hook then?

Comment

it's what i always do Neil....
          Real men fish rivers

Comment

thanks guys. will try it out next time im fishing hard pellets

Comment

Working...
            X