Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Imitation bread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imitation bread....

I have been having some good results with this lately, so thought I would post it up.

Its imitation bread made from a ladies make up sponge. It's not as durable as the enterprise bread, but unlike the enterprise stuff, it's mega soft when it's wet, and actually takes on water like bread, so good for casting weight. it will eventually sink sub surface unless a bit of floatant is applied.

Because its so soft when it's wet you have to be carefull the hook doesn't pull out, but nothing like you do when using bread.

I have been playing with hair rigging it by pulling through a loop of white braid covered in superglue, then whipping the tail on the hook shank.

To get it looking a bit more like bread, you just nip the dimples into it with tweezers / pliers

Its had the carp round here well fooled, I'm going to have a crack at mullet with it on holiday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

interesting,but is it not a bit to much faffing about?where you of to for the mullet?now theres a fish that can drive you up the wall..
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Nothing is too much faffing! Doesn't take long to prepare, the fiddly bit is glueing the hair in and whipping it on.

I have fished this against the enterprise stuff and it's miles more realistic. Let's hope the harbour mullet in Majorca think so !
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Luke,have you clocked the trade name on the packaging for the foam? Something you need to get off your chest mate? ;-)
        Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Think you might need to change your name on here to Luke Ladyboy lol

Comment

Well, you know what they say; women are ok....

...but you can't beat the real thing

Anyway, to put the rumor mill to bed, I only discovered these by accident, clearly as a red blooded male, I don't wear make up. They caught my eye the other week in TK MAXX, while I was looking for a new bra.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

And those stilettoes you ordered have been despatched..

Comment

Ok, an update. Tried these bread things in Majorca on the mullet....no chance. They were fooled alright but just batted the bait around. The fish I could get to were only tiddlers, so it was even worse. There was no chance of one guzzling it whole, so no chance of hooking because of the hair rig.

I had a change of plan, and wrapped and glued some braided backing around a hook shank, about 3 layers to build it up. Then, I coated the wrapped on backing in glue, and dipped it 'crumbs' of the sponge nipped off with needle nose pliers, worked much better, even got me a few finicky mullet

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Very impressive luke

Comment

Working...
                  X