Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Wheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheat

A few of the lads have been feeding stewed wheat and doing quite well, wouldnt mind using it myself but would like to know where to get it from, how to prepare it and does anybody recommend it, im not asking the lads as i want to use it without telling them
    Let us all bag up

Any corn merchants m8, just put some in a flask and fill with boiling water and leave overnight and it will be ready to use next morning

Comment

I used to prepare mine by soaking for a couple of days & then cook as you would hemp
      Always added couple of Egg cups of Anniseed to it personal prefference
      Wheat is quite filling so dont go mad with the amount you use .
      Colin

Comment

The best way of preparing creed wheat is to first of all buy the very best you can get hold of. It's dirt cheap.

Fill a saucepan with water and then put in the wheat, about a third of the saucepan. Then let it soak overnight.

Next day bring the wheat to the boil and allow it to simmer slowly until the wheat swells and just starts to split.

Comment

Preparation & Cooking Times for Particle Baits

Below is a guide on how to prepare and cook a load of different particles. The list of particles shows how long you'll need to soak each particle bait, along with how long it takes to cook them.

You must always ensure your selected particle baits are cooked thoroughly as poorly prepared particles may harm carp!

Soaking and/or cooking times may vary depending on several factors. For example, trying to cook huge quantities of particles together in one go may require a longer soaking time. This is because less water will be able to circulate around each particle due to the excessive weight of massive quantities. Also, adding too much salt may require increased soaking and cooking times because it can cause the outer skins to harden, and this means the water will take longer to penetrate the particles thoroughly.

The best way to check if particles are cooked thoroughly is to pull out a few using a big spoon, let them cool a little, then see how soft they are in the middle. They should be soft and moist throughout the grain or kernel, and this is when they are cooked properly.

Rough Guide to Particle Preparation & Cooking
          This cooking guide is listed alphabetically!

PARTICLE
          SOAK TIMES
          BOIL/ SIMMER TIME

Adzuki beans 24 hrs + up to 30 mins
          Barley 6 hrs 15-20 mins
          Black-eyed beans 12-14 hrs up to 30 mins
          Chick peas up to 24 hrs up to 30 mins
          Dari seeds 6 hrs 15 mins +
          French mix (hinders) No soak times 1-2 mins
          Groats No soaking time 1-2 mins
          Haricot beans 12-14 hrs up to 30 mins
          Hemp seed 12-24 hrs Until they split
          Lupins 24 hrs up to 30 mins
          Maize 24-36 hrs 30 mins +
          Maize (flaked) 1 hour 1-2 mins
          Maple peas 12-14 hrs up to 30 mins
          Milo 6 hrs up to 30 mins
          Partiblend (Hinders) No soak time 1-2 mins
          Peanut kernels 24 hrs + 30 mins +
          Pinto beans 12-14 hrs up to 30 mins
          Red kidney beans 12-14 hrs 30 mins +
          Soya beans 12-16 hrs up to 30 mins
          Tares 12-14 hrs up to 30 mins
          Tiger nuts (whole nuts) 24 hrs + at least 30 mins
          Wheat (Buck & Graded) 6 hrs 10-15 mins

Comment

Originally posted by BottomedOut View Post
            A few of the lads have been feeding stewed wheat and doing quite well, wouldnt mind using it myself but would like to know where to get it from, how to prepare it and does anybody recommend it, im not asking the lads as i want to use it without telling them
            you mean they useing it at makins lol.

Comment

they will be useing bird seed next week lol

Comment

Originally posted by dunk View Post
                they will be useing bird seed next week lol
                cheap. cheap.

Comment

yeah how do know, thanks for all the advice lads
                  Let us all bag up

Comment

Any pet shop that stocks chicken feeds will have Wheat,so you should be able to buy it by the kilo.Pets at home used to sell wheat in 5 and 10 kilo bags.
                    Whats a commercial fishery ?

Comment

I know now! lol

Rob gave me a bucket full at the last match mate. youre more than welcome to have some of that if you like!

Thats the kind of guy i am see! ;-)
                      To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Hey hes gave me a bucket as well lol
                        Let us all bag up

Comment

Working...
                        X