Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Banded pellet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banded pellet

Any tips on keeping pellet on band?? When in a fish race I lose so much time banding them every time they come off!! Would superglue dissolve the band!??

are you fishing with the band on the hook or on a hair?same as you when bands on the hook .but on the hair i dont seem to lose so many
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Band on hair mate, don't think I'd have so many come off if it weren't for those frigging f1s going mental in the net!!! Might try hard as nails on a pellet after putting a groove thru it an gluing it to the band somehow!! Prob cost me a fish every twice I put pellet on!!!!

Comment

might sound daft but since ive started using mossella bands instead of unbranded rubbish bands ive ceertainly noticd an improvment.
        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Yeah I use them mate!!! Bound to be someone who's tried it/does it, would save ages in fishing time!!! I'll get the glue out tomoz!!!!

Comment

I find drennan the best bands,some other bands were rubbish bands.

Comment

band it nano bands are great

Comment

lasoo your pellet on mate

Comment

and before you ask its hard to explain go on youtube it will show you!! bands are brilliant but when fish are competing your pellet will get snatched this is better in this situation hope this helps

Comment

lasoo is a great way,if fish are not taking when banded,it's a great way.Just do 2 loops with your line second loop smaller,then with line end wap 5 times & lose the small loop,job done.

Comment

Originally posted by pelet View Post
                      lasoo is a great way,if fish are not taking when banded,it's a great way.Just do 2 loops with your line second loop smaller,then with line end wap 5 times & lose the small loop,job done.
                      yes it is however i recomend 3 times on the grinner knot 5 times the knot can be to big if using heavier line and the knot does not have to be strong as it will not be involved in the load bearing of the fish there is a great video on youtube one of the carp lads is demonstrating with braid and big hooks so its easy to follow also use a softer pellet so the lasoo grips better tie as you would a normal band with the knotless knot etc all the best.

Comment

ive always struggled with lasooing baits i wouldn't say its a tactic to use it a match its fairly time consuming and can be a right pain in the ass! altho once a bait is lasooed it will last me a session carping 24 - 36 hours easy

Comment

like most match anglers do now i pre-tie them very rare i change a hook lengh during a 5 hour session obviously a lasoo isnt everthing but is alot more robust than banding!!!

Comment

Thats fair enough preparation is key

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky_76 View Post
                              yes it is however i recomend 3 times on the grinner knot 5 times the knot can be to big if using heavier line and the knot does not have to be strong as it will not be involved in the load bearing of the fish there is a great video on youtube one of the carp lads is demonstrating with braid and big hooks so its easy to follow also use a softer pellet so the lasoo grips better tie as you would a normal band with the knotless knot etc all the best.
                              I tend to use line that's not heavier but as you say on heavier lines.What i said was a rough guide.

Comment

Working...
                              X