Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

99p Boilies in poundstretchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99p Boilies in poundstretchers

Just thought i'd mention this...
    went in poundstretchers (robin park wigan) tonight and they are selling
    250g bags of fair baits natural tutti frutti boilies for 99p.
    they look like 15mms .

Wouldn't even bother mate, best left well alone.

Comment

i don't use boilies myself,just thought they looked ok for the price,maybe even ok for crushing up and mixing in with particles or groundbait etc.

Comment

There 99p for a reason !

Comment

yeah true i suppose mate

Comment

Just curious, why you say they are 99p for a reason? Why is that? Is it because they dont have a branded name on the bag? Are they made of different stuff? But then again dont all bait companies use this as a unique selling point? Or is it because they are sold in pound stretcher? Just curious thats all!
            [URL="http://www.fishingforforces.org/"]http://www.fishingforforces.org/[/URL]

Comment

i wonder if carp really can tell the difference between baits..or do they just think i'm hungry and i'm havin this edible item infront of me lol

Comment

Sounds good to me use them at a fishery u can feed boilles and fish pellet wag there a lot more accurate than feeding pellets and if its just the splash ur after then there spot on at that price.

Comment

I'd personally stay well clear of these kind's of boillies, this would be due to there normally low nutritional value, and poorer ingredients! But that is because I'm used to fishing low stocked waters 50/100 carp where a bait would be established over a period of months if not years if its good!

I would not doubt that these boillies would work on a well stocked commercial, would they be as good as say mainline I doubt it

Comment

fair point SJ,i can see how that would make sense mate.

Comment

Do they have a list of ingredients on the packaging? Might be worth looking and comparing with more expensive brands. I sometimes do this with normal food stuffs and often find no difference or very little between expensive and cheap brands. I will have a look in my local store later and see if they are stocking them.

Comment

I would doubt there is a full list of ingredients as there would be no unic selling point then! I'd of thought it would be high in semolina, as its a cheep bulk ingredient

Comment

out of curiosity i picked a bag of these 99p boilies up here's what it say's on the bag -
                          100% natural,composition and cereals,glycerin,yeast,derivates of vegetable origin.
                          analytical constituents protein 8%,crude fibres 1%,crude ash 0.6%,crude fat 0.6%,calcium 209mg/kg,moisture<30%.
                          technological additives organic acids. sensory additives :tutti frutti flavour 1% iron oxide and titanium dioxide.
                          what all this means i aint got a scooby doo,but maybe someone here will understand what all this blurb means !

Comment

it lists exactly whats in them
                            unlike most major Boilie manufacturers that tell you Sod all !!
                            Colin

Comment

Seen these other day along with some bags of chilli hemp for £1.99 and some little tubs of maize and tigernuts!! Seem reasonable am gunna get sum of the hemp but dont really use the other stuff!!

Comment

Working...
                              X