Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Flavouring Micro pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavouring Micro pellets

I just wanted to know what flavours you would use for micros when Skimmers and roach are the quarry?
    or would you just use them neat straight from the bag?

I use them straight from the bag and usually dampen them with water from either cooked hemp or tinned corn.

Comment

straight from the bag,soak them for a minute in lake water,must admit is has crossed my mind to have dabble with some flavours
      OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

I use them straight from the bag, but I wanted to know if better results could be had with flavours....and maybe dyes?

Comment

When targeting skimmers and bream at my local venue I've added the mainline activ-8 to my micros and won the last 2 matches. Not sure if its coincidence or its the activ-8

Comment

Lately I've been dusting soaked micros with F1 dark GB, seems to draw bigger skimmers and carp in, also helps pellets bind for pellet cone etc.

Comment

I normally dampen mine down with water,with one of the Mainline particle syrups,or stick mix liquids added to the water.

Comment

Why flavour em ? They are fishmeal and fish like fishmeal. It's all down to getting your feeding nd presentation right on the day.
                On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I agree Spadge, but there will be a line of us all fishing the same thing and I wanted an edge over the others in some way. I know a lot of people are in favour of using colours and flavours to give them something different. I have bought a bag of the Sonubaits Salted nut crush pellets to give a go before my match ( if I get time) otherwise I may try hemp water or the bait tec coconut liquid.

Comment

Originally posted by Markymark View Post
                    I agree Spadge, but there will be a line of us all fishing the same thing and I wanted an edge over the others in some way. I know a lot of people are in favour of using colours and flavours to give them something different. I have bought a bag of the Sonubaits Salted nut crush pellets to give a go before my match ( if I get time) otherwise I may try hemp water or the bait tec coconut liquid.
                    Personally Mark.
                    If i know a water has been battered on pellet and all anglers will be using it i would go down the maggot or caster route.
                    You can always put a pellet line in away from your other lines as a back up.
                    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Carp basher View Post
                      When targeting skimmers and bream at my local venue I've added the mainline activ-8 to my micros and won the last 2 matches. Not sure if its coincidence or its the activ-8
                      is this in a liquid form or powder? I have just looked at the web site and there are lots of products all Activ 8. do you use the product after the pellets have been soaked or in with the water for soaking the pellets?
                      Last edited by Markymark; 4 March 2014, 11:33 AM. Reason: added text

Comment

Bump.....

Comment

use dampened micros...dust them in the new old ghost dead maggot powder..
                          In darkness we do what we can
                          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Working...
                          X