Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Expander Pellets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expander Pellets.

New to above, am I right in saying you can only pump expanders, have bought a Ringer Pump, but when you are fishing expanders on the hook what do you feed with, expanders straight from the bag?? and any other tips would be appreciated, thanks!!

Hi.

Pump your expanders mate , and fish 4mm skrettings or coppens hard pellets over the top, your tackle shop will sell them in small bags, or you will find it cheaper if you buy in bulk, say a 25kg bag, you can also use micro pellets from the same people, its what they want on the day feeding wise.

Do not buy expander pellets to use as feed, will cost you a lot of money, and be a waste, stick with the good old 4mm

Hope this has been of some help.

All the best steve.

Comment

I would normally feed 4m/6m standard feed pellets with just a few spanders in with them,you wont be able feed spanders straight from the bag as they will ust float
      OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Hi, I fish hard sinking feed pellet... all sizes depending on what and where I am fishing.

Loads of posts and videos on you tube

Comment

Ye don't feed expanders as they will float, get some hard feed pellets and soak them in water to soften them up. The size of feed pellet will vary with the size of fish you are catching.

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks for your replies everyone, appreciated!!

Comment

I'm also new to these, fished with a mate on marsh trail lakes and the expanders were scoring while me on corn, small punched meat failed. Like o.p. got a ringer pump and a pack of 4 mm expanders.

In terms of pump capacity. How many fills for a 5/6 hr pleasure session, (feeding hard 2 mm sinkers as feed) 1 or 2 pumps worth. Thanks lee.
              Lee Davison, Period Furniture Restoration, Carpentry. In Norfolk.

Comment

NL.
                You will not need many expanders for a days fishing. One of those sauce pots from Mc Donalds holds around 80 expanders 4mm (how sad am i) two of these is well enough for a days fishing.
                On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
                  One of those sauce pots from Mc Donalds holds around 80 expanders 4mm (how sad am i)
                  have you counted em??
                  Steve

Comment

Hi.

Daves not as sad as me, i counted them, i have found a plastic top of a 4 pint plastic bottle of milk holds 97 4mm expander pellets, i counted them last night.

The reason being, i just used to half fill the pump with pellets, go fishing and coming back with a load, like Daves said 80 is enough for a days fishing, unless you go to somewhere where you know you will catch more, then pump 2 lots.

Who is the sad one now Steve.

All the best steve.

Comment

Originally posted by pudsli View Post
                      Hi.

Daves not as sad as me, i counted them, i have found a plastic top of a 4 pint plastic bottle of milk holds 97 4mm expander pellets, i counted them last night.

The reason being, i just used to half fill the pump with pellets, go fishing and coming back with a load, like Daves said 80 is enough for a days fishing, unless you go to somewhere where you know you will catch more, then pump 2 lots.

Who is the sad one now Steve.

All the best steve.
                      This thread is turning hilarious! How's your back Steve? Hope you're on the mend mate.
                      Steve

Comment

I have counted em Steve believe it or not.

Like pudsli said you end up with a load unused otherwise.
                        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Thanks for the guidance on quantity guys, I won't count them. But 1 an a 1/2 milk tops will do for bait and feed then. Will see how I get on next time with expanders. Lee.
                          Lee Davison, Period Furniture Restoration, Carpentry. In Norfolk.

Comment

Working...
                          X