Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

bread punch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bread punch

    is it easy to fish bread punch?? should I fish dead depth??
    cheers fil

  • #2
    Fishing the bread punch, Talk angling feature

    There ya go fil!
    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

    Comment


    • #3
      Contact Daskin or Raytex what these 2 dont know aint worth knowing .
      Colin

      Comment


      • #4
        I`m not commenting on the thread--I have tried to help folks many times on this and other forums- but all you get is people who dont know what they are talking about trying to shoot you down.
        But if anyone wants to ask me anything, send me a PM and I will help all I can.
        Last edited by hurricane; 23 May 2014, 12:09 AM.
        Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by daskin View Post
          I`m not commenting on the thread--I have tried to help folks many times on this and other forums- but all you get is people who dont know what they are talking about trying to shoot you down.
          But if anyone wants to ask me anything, send me a PM and I will help all I can.
          Unfortunately that's another victory for the gobs.
          I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
          He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by daskin View Post
            I`m not commenting on the thread--I have tried to help folks many times on this and other forums- but all you get is people who dont know what they are talking about trying to shoot you down.
            But if anyone wants to ask me anything, send me a PM and I will help all I can.
            Would still like to hear your thoughts bud! as with many peoples thoughts you can usually find something to tweak your own approach with!
            I used to love fishing the punch and won a few matches doing it,but alas the opportunity to do it does not present itself these days!
            Will have to go and have a "memory lane" pleasure session soon!
            HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

            Comment


            • #7
              I have read what Daskin has said in the past and copied his floats my catch rate on the punch has gone up. The best is looking for previous threads on here and reading the tips given.

              Comment


              • #8
                Should also mention I also copied they way he said to feed and most of his other tips.

                Comment


                • #9
                  http://simplematchfishing.co.uk/foru...num=1315427905

                  This is Dereks article,well worth a read!
                  HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Daskin gave some Tremendous Info only a few months back
                    everything he Posted was 100% genuine Helpful ,1 of the best that has been on this site
                    But as usual there is always comments ,mainly from the Havent got a clue Brigade !!
                    I can see why he isnt going to Comment on line
                    If you genuinley are Interested & want to learn from or be given advice by an Honest genuine Angler
                    I am sure he will Help all he can
                    On the subject of Advice over these pages i think unless all the Back stabbing stops it will be a thing of the past
                    which will be a pity
                    because there are so many Brilliant Anglers on here & between them have a wealth of Knowledge that you will struggle to find elsewhere
                    Alot will no longer post comments & this is increasing daily
                    Colin

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have fished it for years on canals and rivers, the main thing I have found is it only works well if your fishing somewhere where ducks etc get fed on the bread, but that's my experience.
                      River anglers Go with the flow.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Years ago I won a few on the punch on the Oxford Canal & I thought I knew a bit about punch fishing but I have to say that the posts from Daskin took it to another level imho.

                        The problem is that certain anglers dont think they have anything to learn BUT I am 67 years old & still learning for example I have watched some of the best anglers on the Thames, Trent, Avon & learnt from all of them. A couple of years ago I watched a young lady (Sam Parkin from Trentmen) fishing the pole & bloodworm on the Avon @ Evesham & it was an education as she explained why she was fishing way above her feed

                        Also as Rick said I know a venue on the Thames very close to where I live that has a huge colony of swans in a park where at the weekend huge amounts of bread are thrown in by parents & kids. If you fish there on the Monday/Tuesday with licky in a cage feeder & a size 10 with flake you can catch very big bream but move 5 pegs & you will blank.
                        John

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ABBO62 View Post
                          http://simplematchfishing.co.uk/foru...num=1315427905

                          This is Dereks article,well worth a read!
                          Cracking read that...some good info which i hope to put into practice tomorrow on the Stainy

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
                            Years ago I won a few on the punch on the Oxford Canal & I thought I knew a bit about punch fishing but I have to say that the posts from Daskin took it to another level imho.

                            The problem is that certain anglers dont think they have anything to learn BUT I am 67 years old & still learning for example I have watched some of the best anglers on the Thames, Trent, Avon & learnt from all of them. A couple of years ago I watched a young lady (Sam Parkin from Trentmen) fishing the pole & bloodworm on the Avon @ Evesham & it was an education as she explained why she was fishing way above her feed

                            Also as Rick said I know a venue on the Thames very close to where I live that has a huge colony of swans in a park where at the weekend huge amounts of bread are thrown in by parents & kids. If you fish there on the Monday/Tuesday with licky in a cage feeder & a size 10 with flake you can catch very big bream but move 5 pegs & you will blank.
                            Bloody hell John didnt realise ya was that old! lol Weird how a ya get a mental picture of people,but i thought you woulda been about 40s or 50s!
                            Well looks i like i got something wrong at last! lol
                            HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ABBO62 View Post
                              Bloody hell John didnt realise ya was that old! lol Weird how a ya get a mental picture of people,but i thought you woulda been about 40s or 50s!
                              Well looks i like i got something wrong at last! lol
                              Clive, I will take that as a back handed compliment mate.lol

                              Supported the mighty Blues since 1967 so have seen the best & worst of CFC, been married 45 years this year, have 2 kids & 4 grandkids love the rivers, have a passion for Normark rods & thats me mate
                              John

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X