Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pellet Quality

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pellet Quality

    So recently i was told by a guy who works in a local tackle shop that their own pellets (normal coarse pellets, the type they sell in big clear bags) are no different in quality to the branded pellets, like the sonubaits or dynamite ones. I found this interesting, as he was doing himself out of money (their pellets are about 4x cheaper than the branded ones). I'd be interested in anyone's knowledge or experience on this as I'm a bit unsure of which i should be buying. Thanks.

  • #2
    they are also a lot cheaper to buy Wholesale
    actualy make more profit on their own than brands
    for feed pellets go for shops own or buy Skrettins in Bulk
    Colin

    Comment


    • #3
      As Col said mukka! A 25kg sack of skreetings is about £28-£34.
      Even better if you and a few mates pitch in together as certain sizes u may only want half a sack like micros and 8mm's
      Ousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh ;)

      Comment


      • #4
        Hardly ever buy buy branded pellets except for the pre drilled ones for hair rigging and dynamite baits coarse pellets for lassoo and banding, these are the best pellets on the market in my opinion. Slow break down helps them stay on longer so less re baiting. A packet will last me years!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by London Chris View Post
          As Col said mukka! A 25kg sack of skreetings is about £28-£34.
          Even better if you and a few mates pitch in together as certain sizes u may only want half a sack like micros and 8mm's
          Hi mate
          great to see you on here if only for a flying visit
          are you still going on Larford gig ?
          6&8 mm up there Micros not allowed @ Moorlands
          Colin

          Comment


          • #6
            As above mate, I buy bulk 25kg micros and for 4,6 and 8mm i buy Dynamite Baits XL as they don't break down as quick as skrettings. He is coming to Larford Col to get his arse kicked by yours truly along with the rest of the southern mob. Haha.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CRG147 View Post
              As above mate, I buy bulk 25kg micros and for 4,6 and 8mm i buy Dynamite Baits XL as they don't break down as quick as skrettings. He is coming to Larford Col to get his arse kicked by yours truly along with the rest of the southern mob. Haha.
              Oh dear Col!! It appeares Dear Mr GARLICK is in for the shock off his LIFE!
              Should be used to getting his arse handed to him after all the hidings the guys at Blundells have given him!

              Oussssh #Team Sarrrrffffff Coming to get ya!!
              Ousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh ;)

              Comment


              • #8
                I realy want to come to Larford weekend
                But i am still waiting on the USA embassey to issue Work permits & Visas for 1/2 the Band
                if not heard byend of July we lose the tour anyhow !!
                The reason the US customs is Faffing about ,i of the Band spent 14 days in Prison for NOT paying a fine for riding motor bike without Lplates in 1968.another has had 2 driving bans for Drink driving 1976 & 1983 & another was fined £25 forbeing in Possesion of Stolen Goods in 1972
                ie a bent MOT certificate
                all 3 have been to @ least 4 meetings @ Embassy & each time reffered to an appeals committee
                The individuals concerned are a Divorce Barrister,a Owner of 2 massive care homes for the Elderly & a Proffesional musician who has travelled the Globe constantly including the States on many occasions for the last 40+ yrs
                Not your normal Crook by any means
                Hope i may still be able to get in ,have told Mart if he can fill place before i contact him do so ,if there is still a place with the North or Mids i will fish
                if not might sit behind Spadger if he turns up on Sunday
                Colin

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by London Chris View Post
                  Oh dear Col!! It appeares Dear Mr GARLICK is in for the shock off his LIFE!
                  Should be used to getting his arse handed to him after all the hidings the guys at Blundells have given him!

                  Oussssh #Team Sarrrrffffff Coming to get ya!!
                  Don't forget to bring plenty of Deep Heat Rub for the neck ache you will have soft lad..... My arse is Red raw from the spankings you get at Blundells mate.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CRG147 View Post
                    Don't forget to bring plenty of Deep Heat Rub for the neck ache you will have soft lad..... My arse is Red raw from the spankings you get at Blundells mate.....
                    The only ache I'll have mukka is arm ache from hauling all those fishies out!
                    And Ear ache if Im pegged anywhere near you pmsl!!

                    Only joking Mukka
                    Ousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh ;)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If your on a different lake I will still be giving you earache.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                        I realy want to come to Larford weekend
                        But i am still waiting on the USA embassey to issue Work permits & Visas for 1/2 the Band
                        if not heard byend of July we lose the tour anyhow !!
                        The reason the US customs is Faffing about ,i of the Band spent 14 days in Prison for NOT paying a fine for riding motor bike without Lplates in 1968.another has had 2 driving bans for Drink driving 1976 & 1983 & another was fined £25 forbeing in Possesion of Stolen Goods in 1972
                        ie a bent MOT certificate
                        all 3 have been to @ least 4 meetings @ Embassy & each time reffered to an appeals committee
                        The individuals concerned are a Divorce Barrister,a Owner of 2 massive care homes for the Elderly & a Proffesional musician who has travelled the Globe constantly including the States on many occasions for the last 40+ yrs
                        Not your normal Crook by any means
                        Hope i may still be able to get in ,have told Mart if he can fill place before i contact him do so ,if there is still a place with the North or Mids i will fish
                        if not might sit behind Spadger if he turns up on Sunday
                        Hey Col - what's your band called "Robin Hood and his merry men" lol.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X