Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

specific trout bait ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• specific trout bait ?

I have this really good local water with some excellent sport to be had with big brown trout but been using worms and the perch just seem to be hammering it don't get me wrong the perch aren't far off 2lb but gets boring.

Does anyone know certain bait that perch won't go near but will catch trout ?

Try spinning.I know perch will take a spinner,you might have to up the size to accomodate the size of the trout,hopefully it will be too big for the perch then.Otherwise fly fishing as perch or pike will take worms or livebaits.

Comment

Try floaters,bread or mixers or pellets,had lots of trout on crust,never had a perch take it,but chub will,theyre just trout without the spots.
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Sweetcorn.
        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

power bait

Comment

A perch-colored Rapala or similar plug might trigger the larger model browns in that water. If you fly fish, a gold Zonker with an olive back at dusk might be interesting.

Comment

Working...
            X