Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

halibut pellts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halibut pellts

Could anyone tell me the difference between halibut pellets and normal feed pellets, and what is the advatages and disadvantages between them if there is any, not tried halibet pellets yet but may go to a venue with just them and see how good or bad they are.

Halibet

Comment

Halibut pellets and trout pellets are banned at most fisheries on the premise that they have a high oil content compareed to coarse feed pellets,i havent looked into it (no point if you cant use em)but a carp bloke told me that comparing all the pellets there is very little difference in protein and oil percentage in contents between them all!
      HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

The coarse feed pellet is exactly the same as a trout pellet except it doesnt go through the final stage of production. A vacuum coater which is a vat of oil which when the air is extracted pulls oil into the pellet. So trout pellets have very much more oil than a coarse pellet. Halibut pellets are slightly different in that they are made to feed halibut which have slightly less oil but still more than the coarse pellet.

Comment

Working...
        X