Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

any advice on whats best?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any advice on whats best?????????

hi iv just been fishing today and have only just thawed out,can anyone tell me the best footwear to keep both dry and also warm,i have seen socks for £25 do they work?someone must know whats best,oh and i have a gortex halkan hunt bib&brace and hooded jacket for sale,size medium worn a couple of times imac looking for £80 plus p&p thanks kev

skeetex essex boots!

Ahdoo matey !
    try the skeetex essex boots,,they,re absolutey unbeleivable,,
    when i first used em i went back to the shop to look for a different pair,,,
    the guy asked me why,,,?
    i told him i put 1 normal pair of socks with thermal socks over the top and after 2 hours my feet where freezing,,,
    he laughed his head off and said,,
    no mate,,just wear a pair of normal socks like you would in summer,,,the more layers you wear with them,,the poorer they perform,,,,,theyre actually designed to work better with thinner layers,,,!
    so,,on the next visit i did just that
    the result,,,,,,,,my feet felt like i had em in a pair of warm slippers for the whole match matey,,,honestly,,i was gobsmacked!
    there is no left or right boot either so they're NUMPTY FRIENDLY,,,,,,LOL
    also makes em easy to slip on and off,,,,,,,
    they work to about minus 50 degrees so they should see you right
    they cost,£50 but well worth it,,
    thats a nicker for every degree under freezing matey!
    BARGAIN ME THINKS!
    :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Agreed -skeetex,compulsory this time o year!

Comment

thanks lads where do you get them from any dealer ?????????????/

Comment

Kev

If its socks you are after try the sealskinz range. Absolutely lovely and warm. They cost about £25 a pair but I would not be without them in winter.

sealskinz.com - The Technology and how they work

TMTM is correct about layers especially in the thermal boots.
          [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

kev
            i suffer from cold feet, and wear skeetex, i have found they are the only boots that keep my feet warm,most dealers sell them, i have bought a new pair this year as my old ones were 12 years old, i ordered mine online from nathans of derby

Comment

thanks again lads

Comment

As a carp angler for ten years that is just getting back into match fishing i know a thing or two about sitting around for days on end getting cold feet and by far the best footwear i have used is Muckboots twinned with Sealskinz socks. Super super toasty and very comfy to walk in. I have had the skeetex essex boots and the Muck boots are warmer and dont need the linings replacing.
                DiscountWellies.co.uk | Muck

Comment

Ive found that some camo boots with thinsulate lining that i bought recently are the warmest and most comfy boots i ever bought, and at only £29.99, you cant go wrong.
                  I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do

Comment

Originally posted by CotswoldDan View Post
                    As a carp angler for ten years that is just getting back into match fishing i know a thing or two about sitting around for days on end getting cold feet and by far the best footwear i have used is Muckboots twinned with Sealskinz socks. Super super toasty and very comfy to walk in. I have had the skeetex essex boots and the Muck boots are warmer and dont need the linings replacing.
                    DiscountWellies.co.uk | Muck
                    skeetex dont need the lining replacing if they're removed from the boots after use matey?
                    And with regaurds to the socks you wear,,,ive heard they're fantastic when used in conjunction with,,,,WHALE BLUBBER lined bib n brace,, A POLAR BEAR SKIN pole jacket,,,,and a WOOLY MAMMOTH FUR flight cap?
                    Last edited by Leaky Lloyd; 17 December 2008, 01:34 PM.
                    :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Another vote for skeetex.

Comment

Working...
                      X