Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Savage gear softflex wire A+++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savage gear softflex wire A+++

i finaly got round to buy some of this wire, expensive as it is (£9 for 7m) its is brilliant quality as you would expect from savage gear. You can tie it like you would line, but its stainless steel wire. just though anyone who is looking for a good trace material, this is it. I look forward to giving it a test in Ireland with my sights set on a new PB of around 30lb.
    Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
    Perch-3lb
    Tench-5 1/2lb
    Carp-15lb
    Barbel-10 1/2lb
    Chub 5 1/4lb
    Roach 1 1/2lb
    Rudd 2lb
    Bream 6 1/2lb

Drennan 7 strand, when i find one that works better or catches more/bigger fish,i will pay whatever it costs,till then it sounds like more money than sense to me.
    Last edited by hurricane; 27 August 2010, 09:24 PM. Reason: typo
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

i was after a really supple wire that i didnt need to crimp, i can tie this like i would mono so in my opinion its more versitile, it downs kink as easy as normal wire either. I will let you know after iv given it a good run but i have every faith in savage gear, they are my favourite make in predator gear, the guys behind it know a great deal about what they are doing. My personal choice but everyone is different
      Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
      Perch-3lb
      Tench-5 1/2lb
      Carp-15lb
      Barbel-10 1/2lb
      Chub 5 1/4lb
      Roach 1 1/2lb
      Rudd 2lb
      Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

My entire pike set up for three rods cost around £300.00, my mates is nearer £1000.00 and whatever is new on the market he has got,from one end to the other,but(and he will admit it on here) he dont catch any more/bigger fish than i do. we both make our own traces,mine cost half the price of his,but its no problem for either of us,im just of the mind that if it aint broke dont fix it,when one of the countries top pike anglers,when asked about,crimps and crimping tools that he sells under his brand,tells me he never uses crimps,its enough for me. if you think its better than what your used ti then use it and i hope you reach your target,im not one to stick in the past simply for the sake of it,but as i said until someone can prove a real adantage,its drennan for me.
        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Think i had a few beers in that last post it doesnt seem to make sence in parts. But i know what your saying hurricane but i like to try new things, thats just me. but il let you know how it fairs anyways
          Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
          Perch-3lb
          Tench-5 1/2lb
          Carp-15lb
          Barbel-10 1/2lb
          Chub 5 1/4lb
          Roach 1 1/2lb
          Rudd 2lb
          Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

I had something like this years ago, caliber wonder wire I think it was called.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Working...
            X