Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Zander near Doncaster/ yorkshire?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zander near Doncaster/ yorkshire?????

I know iv asked this before but does anyone know of any waters around doncaster or yorkshire that contain zander?
    Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
    Perch-3lb
    Tench-5 1/2lb
    Carp-15lb
    Barbel-10 1/2lb
    Chub 5 1/4lb
    Roach 1 1/2lb
    Rudd 2lb
    Bream 6 1/2lb

nearest is probably the trent although one was alledgedly caught in the torne at belton

Comment

iv heard the rumour of the zander at belton, and does most of the trent have zeds or only parts?
      Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
      Perch-3lb
      Tench-5 1/2lb
      Carp-15lb
      Barbel-10 1/2lb
      Chub 5 1/4lb
      Roach 1 1/2lb
      Rudd 2lb
      Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

trent zander

I think zander are pretty wide spread throughout the trent these days, thats both tidal and non tidal, biggest I have heard was 14lbs, biggest I have caught was 10lbs. That was in the non tidal, perhaps my target this autumn should be to catch some in the tidal stretches. Incidentally the evening I caught the 10 pounder I also had a battle with a catfish. I got it to the net twice and it swam off backwards, second time the hooks came out. It took a roach deadbait off the bottom.
        It was not huge, Around 15lbs but put up a tremendous battle in the flow.
        I was just amazed to encounter one but the bailiff said they had been there a while and he thinks they came from trentside still waters washed out in the big flood 3 years ago.
        Like the zander they appear to be thriving.

Comment

Working...
        X