Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Carp in the Midlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carp in the Midlands

Started fishing very late this year, due to illness, bad weather etc.

At Shatterford, Masters Lake, all I had was 4 bream all day.

At Barston Lake, 2 Bream, 8 Carp (mirrors & commons), one at 14½lb.

At Sion Farm Fisheries, in the big lake, 2 Bream, 2 Roach, & 3 Common Carp (5lb, 9 lb, & 7lb). Tried 10mm boilies hair-rigged, without success. Next tried luncheon meat hair-rigged with maggots on the hook which attracted smaller fish. Finally tried 20mm boilies to stop the smaller fish, and after a long wait the carp started to feed. The 9lb was a nice fish, but where were all the 20 pounders?

I like the large Preston elasticated method feeders with the moulds. I use a 4" hooklength to a size 10 barbless hook with quick-stop hair. So quick to rebait. To all this I add oil-based Spicy Tuna & Chilli liquid. For boilies I like Squid & Octopus, or Spicy Tuna & Chilli, though Strawberry works ok sometimes.

The 14½lb Carp at Barston Lake.
    Last edited by andypryce; 6 September 2010, 02:49 AM.

nice fish there fella
    [url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/RL-Pole-Floats/188786494654295?ref=tn_tnmn[/url]

Comment

Lovely fish, i had my best on a quarter inch cube of Luncheon, it was minute, I was on Preston Feeder with 3" Middy hook link on a 10 hair rig.It is worth trying small meat. I have had a lot of success on it, although i was reluctant at first,thinking i would only get babies, but my mate convinced me and it payed off. Won,t use large meat again. Also found 10mm pineapple boilies and Pepperami also work well where i fish. I trim them down with scissors while they are on the Hair. Tight Lines

Comment

Just lately I was finding 10mm boilies were catching Bream, whereas 20mm seemed to catch the Carp.

Comment

I think it is a feature of each individual pool that the fish adapt certain feeding characteristics to suit their needs.Where a 20mm will catch Carp on your pool, 8mm does the trick where i fish, and visa versa.

Comment

Working...
          X