Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pike catch reports bath avon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pike catch reports bath avon

Just wondered if pike fishing around bath is any good at the moment, I'm planning on giving it ago soon & would like to here if theres been any good catches recently ,I will be lure & dead baiting during my session ,It would be helpful aswell to know what dead baits have been working...so if you can help i would really appreciate it...thanks

hello mate, i dont normally fish for the pike as they always seem to find me when im on the river anyway. there are always lots of fish to around 8lb near the newbridge area, i have seen anglers catch them on all tactics but they normally seem to be using lures, biggish plugs or wobbled dead baits. not sure what type though.
    :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

At this time of year the best deadbaits tend to be smelt mackeral and course fish. I like to trot the deadbait down the river about a foot from the bottom, that way you cover alot of water and is a very successful method for myself producing plenty of double figure fish. For lures i tend to use large lures ranging from 20-30cm with great success. Dont be put off by the size of em, pike are more likely to take them as tey see it as an more worthwhile meal, but if small you may not hook it.

Iv never fished the avon for course or pike, But these methods work well on most waters. Hope this was of some help
      Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
      Perch-3lb
      Tench-5 1/2lb
      Carp-15lb
      Barbel-10 1/2lb
      Chub 5 1/4lb
      Roach 1 1/2lb
      Rudd 2lb
      Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

Working...