Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Do you use live baits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use live baits?

I use livebaits now and again but i usualy feel bad for the poot fish with a treble in its back. And so i dont practice it much.

Do you guys care or not when using them?
    Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
    Perch-3lb
    Tench-5 1/2lb
    Carp-15lb
    Barbel-10 1/2lb
    Chub 5 1/4lb
    Roach 1 1/2lb
    Rudd 2lb
    Bream 6 1/2lb

Only maggots mate-i cry every time I hook one! ;-)
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Haha as do i i was thinking the other day about the sheer amount of maggots we kill every session especialy for chub...
      Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
      Perch-3lb
      Tench-5 1/2lb
      Carp-15lb
      Barbel-10 1/2lb
      Chub 5 1/4lb
      Roach 1 1/2lb
      Rudd 2lb
      Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

When i used to pike fish i would livebait whenever i could as they can give you a real edge at certain times of the year.

Comment

I know it gives you an edge and its much more exciting than deadbaiting...watching the float go crazy when the fish knows its about to be eaten....but ruining a fin-perfect roach kinda makes me think...ooops that was cruel but i do livebait when i can/can be bothered to catch em.
          Last edited by hurricane; 5 October 2010, 07:54 PM.
          Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
          Perch-3lb
          Tench-5 1/2lb
          Carp-15lb
          Barbel-10 1/2lb
          Chub 5 1/4lb
          Roach 1 1/2lb
          Rudd 2lb
          Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

yes i livebait as much as i can i only take deadbait if i think i wont catch any lives, it is a better way to catch pike, i had a 15 1/2 LB last week on a live, actually caught it twice 1st on a roach and the hook caught on the net and i lost it then caught it on a perch about 2 hours later. i caught it the beginning of the year and it was only 12 1/2 pounds and im 90% sure it is the same fish, but it was weighed on 2 different scales

Comment

I remember catching a pike of 24lb around 6 months later i caught the same fish and it only just scraped 20lb (Its was definatley the same fish).

Comment

Whenever I decide to go livebaiting it tends to take me nearly all day to catch a bait.

Comment

Working...
                X