Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

DIY Pike Bobbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Pike Bobbers

A cheap alternative to the shop bought pike floats/bobbers is to make one out of a deodorant ball,
    unfortunatly my camera is busted at the mo so i cant upload a pic, but all you need to do is pop the ball out the deodorant, wash it, then either put a v.small screw eye or wire loop in one side, epoxy it in and fish it waggler style or drill a narrow hole through the middle (in one side, out the other) then thread some fine tubing through and epoxy it in place and fish it inline. Then they can be painted orange for ease of visability

2012-05-06 19.14.14.jpg2012-05-07 07.59.02.jpg
    here is an unpainted one and a painted one, the paint jobs pretty bad but you get the jist.
    the tubing through the middle came from a cotton wool bud.

Comment

Good idea. If it was drilled a bit more at top dead centre to the line round the middle, this would make a good point where the two paint colours could meet.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

I liked to use the Kinda Eggs for pike drop-offs [remember to eat chocolate first & remove naff toy] insert stiff plastic tubing through middle, attach adjustable clip to one end, short length of string & attach to back or front bank stick..

Comment

My first was a ping pong ball with a hair grip and a bit of line, have been through polystyrene,shaped balsa,kinders,widgets,clear tubing with led"s or isotopes,electronic in singles and doubles with buzzers and huge flashing led"s as well as stiff a nd soft arms.
          Wthout doubt the very best and most versatile of the non-electronc versions is this.
          Simple but brilliant like most great ideas.(don"t let the tackle companies see this one).
          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Lol

Comment

This Post is almost 2 yrs old
              Poster has not been on since July 2012!!
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                This Post is almost 2 yrs old
                Poster has not been on since July 2012!!
                Yes col but the O/P was not asking for advice and the new posters have simply added two new ideas and a lol.
                Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Working...
                X