Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

31lbs mirror within 5 mins of putting the rod out

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 31lbs mirror within 5 mins of putting the rod out

    Hi Guys

    I went fishing last week and within 5 mins of putting my rod out had a 31lbs mirror , why can fishing not be like that all the time lol . I have made a video from my trip below if you want to check it out the 31 was a stunner and well happy with the fish

    Tight lines guys and girls


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fnX6...1&feature=plcp

  • #2
    Nice fish mate
    Paypal gift is for friends only

    Comment


    • #3
      thanks mate

      Comment


      • #4
        nice one buddy

        what was the play like ?

        and also what bait were you using?

        atb

        steve

        Comment


        • #5
          Not the best fight mate but think i just got him in quick and he had a lot of fight left on the bank , bait was carp company ice reds tipped with corn




          Originally posted by kings head View Post
          nice one buddy

          what was the play like ?

          and also what bait were you using?

          atb

          steve

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice fish,

            Have you ever considered fishing somewhere other than a 4 acre lake that apparently has 90+ fish over 20lbs, and 12 of them over 30lbs - might be more of a challenge mate?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by greenbank View Post
              Nice fish,

              Have you ever considered fishing somewhere other than a 4 acre lake that apparently has 90+ fish over 20lbs, and 12 of them over 30lbs - might be more of a challenge mate?
              Hi mate
              Thanks for the comment , I'm moving off this lake next year still trying to catch one fish form there thats why I'm putting in a lot of time in there ,also close to home as I had a son this session and don't want to fish to far away at the moment due to a few issue with him , going on to a bigger lake next year , as for stock levels that's wrong I would say there are around 6 thirties at the right time of year and 30 or so twenties the rest doubles and would only say there are about 60 to 70 fish in the lake . This season my target was to catch one fish from this lake so as you can see its not going to be easy . Every angler has different targets and reason behind where they fish and this is my reason . Also I'm looking forwards to next year when I move onto another lake that is bigger and has a few forties in so the target for the next 2 season will be a uk forty , but most of all I enjoy fishing the lakes I have pick at the moment and believe my angling is improving at the right speed for me .

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by greenbank View Post
                Nice fish,

                Have you ever considered fishing somewhere other than a 4 acre lake that apparently has 90+ fish over 20lbs, and 12 of them over 30lbs - might be more of a challenge mate?
                Have you ever considered your comments might be more credible,if you posted a few photo"s/video"s of all the 30lb fish you have captured from anywhere(be it a runs water or a 40 acre heartbreak pit).
                Despite what many think,most anglers will never even SEE a true 30 on the bank let alone catch one.
                Well done Daniel,both on your catches and your attitude,I wish you continued success.
                Regards Peter.
                Last edited by hurricane; 2 July 2012, 01:58 PM. Reason: typo
                Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Daniel,

                  Sorry if my post came over as a dig at you - it was not meant to be at all. I was just surprised when I saw the stock levels from the OBH web site.

                  I understand why you enjoy fishing the lake and as you say family has to come first.

                  Hurricane,

                  I no longer fish for 'big' carp for various reasons. My biggest fish was a Horseshoe lake mirror of 29lb 4oz which at the time was the largest 'reported' fish from the Carp Society owned lake (1994). The capture and photo were published in Carp Talk issue No 17 week ending 7th October 1994 - yes I dug the issue out today to check.

                  The effort involved in getting that fish was only possible as at the time I was a mature student so had long holidays to enable long session fishing.

                  The point I was trying to make, somewhat clumsily I guess, is that I was surprised at the stock level for a lake that size.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Daniel
                    Fishing aint just about Numbers mate !!
                    the fish you are catching are a credit to your time & effort !!
                    A 30 from 1 lake is as good as a 50 from another.
                    Not everyone is in or wants to be in the Carp or Barbel society !!
                    A lot of people in em think it makes them experts & better than others ,IT DONT !!
                    Keep on what you do & most of all Keep on enjoying your fishing ,no matter what certain people think !!
                    Colin

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                      Not everyone is in or wants to be in the Carp or Barbel society !!
                      A lot of people in em think it makes them experts & better than others ,IT DONT !!
                      Colin,

                      If this a dig at me - I hope not - I wouldn't want anything to do with the Carp Society anymore.

                      In the 'old days' they were a good source of info and had regional meetings etc etc But now I dread to think what they have become.

                      As for me, I just enjoy what comes along when fishing - grumpy old git yes!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by greenbank View Post
                        Daniel,

                        Sorry if my post came over as a dig at you - it was not meant to be at all. I was just surprised when I saw the stock levels from the OBH web site.

                        I understand why you enjoy fishing the lake and as you say family has to come first.

                        Hurricane,

                        I no longer fish for 'big' carp for various reasons. My biggest fish was a Horseshoe lake mirror of 29lb 4oz which at the time was the largest 'reported' fish from the Carp Society owned lake (1994). The capture and photo were published in Carp Talk issue No 17 week ending 7th October 1994 - yes I dug the issue out today to check.

                        The effort involved in getting that fish was only possible as at the time I was a mature student so had long holidays to enable long session fishing.

                        The point I was trying to make, somewhat clumsily I guess, is that I was surprised at the stock level for a lake that size.

                        The fish in this video was not from bury hill mate so the stock levels in this lake are not of that of bury hill. I only fish bury hill a few times a season, but size of lake and stock does not always make it easy mate as I'm sure you understand , there was a guy on bury hill temple last week for 7 days and he blanked , and I'm 100% o.k with your comment. Everyone has their own views and have not taken it as a dig at all , I'm just enjoying my fishing and making videos from my trips for things to look back on and share with other anglers. I have fished for a long time and if you check out my whole youtube channel you will see that there is fishing of all sort from the Ebro, Uk small lake big lakes, France ,Cape Verde. In my eyes a UK fish is a UK fish and if an angler has put the time and effort in were ever they fish and what every they catch a UK 20 30 or 40 or 50 is still a UK P.b no matter what lake it has come from and well done to them on putting the effort in and getting the rewards .
                        Of course my fishing and videos are not going to be everyones cup of tea but if one angler young or old picks up a tip and it helps them catch I'm more than happy and job done.

                        Tight Lines

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hurricane View Post
                          Have you ever considered your comments might be more credible,if you posted a few photo"s/video"s of all the 30lb fish you have captured from anywhere(be it a runs water or a 40 acre heartbreak pit).
                          Despite what many think,most anglers will never even SEE a true 30 on the bank let alone catch one.
                          Well done Daniel,both on your catches and your attitude,I wish you continued success.
                          Regards Peter.

                          Thanks Hurricane will stick at it mate and tight lines

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                            Daniel
                            Fishing aint just about Numbers mate !!
                            the fish you are catching are a credit to your time & effort !!
                            A 30 from 1 lake is as good as a 50 from another.
                            Not everyone is in or wants to be in the Carp or Barbel society !!
                            A lot of people in em think it makes them experts & better than others ,IT DONT !!
                            Keep on what you do & most of all Keep on enjoying your fishing ,no matter what certain people think !!

                            Will do Big col thanks and tight lines

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by greenbank View Post
                              Colin,

                              If this a dig at me - I hope not - I wouldn't want anything to do with the Carp Society anymore.

                              In the 'old days' they were a good source of info and had regional meetings etc etc But now I dread to think what they have become.

                              As for me, I just enjoy what comes along when fishing - grumpy old git yes!
                              Greenbank
                              it was not so much a dig @ you ,although i though your comment was a little sarky !!
                              It was to encourage Daniel to carry on regardless of anyone elses opinions .
                              The bit about the Carp & Barbel societies was my own opinion of them !!
                              I am & always have been Match orientated ,but had a lot of contact with the 2 groups due to being responsible with the running of a major Angling Association .
                              I found that a lot of them had not got the faintest idea about Fish ,Fishing or Watercraft & were of the opinion that everything they were told or advised of by anyone other than "the society" was not worth knowing !!
                              it was in no way meant to offend you !!
                              Colin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X