Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

My Fishing Day Yesterday...HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Fishing Day Yesterday...HELP

Hi all,

Me and my freind went fishing yesterday it was a small fishing lake which has been known to fish very well it contains tench,perch,roach,carp and bream and was shockingly bad my friend only cought a perch and this was on a waggler float with maggot we were specifically going for carp they just didnt seem to be about, although my friend did have a swimfeeder on the bottom with a bitealarm and we didnt hear it go once ... i have been reading and alot of people recommend "ledgering" for carp, i have heard of this method but have no clue on how to setup this method can someone help me please? hope to hear from you all!

Gadz.

First off you need to have an idea as to where the carp are!. Then its a safe bet that either corn, pellet, worm or dead red maggots will attract some interest. At this time of year if i know i,m on fish but i need to set the tip up this is what i do. A Nice soft all through action tip rod, 4/5lb reel line. and if you click on the link below there is a very basic diagram of the sort of set up you need.
    www.anglersnet.co.uk/rigs/legerrig/htm

Comment

Sorry mate. The link should read.

www.anglersnet.co.uk/rigs/legerrig/.htm

Comment

none of the links work got any more links? id like to have a look

Gadz.

Comment

Carp Fishing Rigs

Try this one

Comment

I don't know where you were, but the water temperature dropped from 9.8 C on Friday to 8.7 on Saturday to 7.3 here yesterday. That is 2.5 degrees in 48 hours. Although 7.3 is still higher than normal for the time of the year, the drop in temperature stopped a lot of fish feeding yesterday here. 12lb won a match where a fortnight ago, 75lb won it. Don't always blame the water, bait or tackle for bad catches.
            [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Sorry Gadz, i found out later that the links were U/S but i couldn,t edit them.

Try,
              Anglers Net - The UKs Online Fishing Magazine

Comment

Quote "Don't always blame the water, bait or tackle for bad catches."
                Sometimes it's just the angler

Comment

Working...
                X