Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Match prices

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Match prices

    Might be a daft question but why do fisheries charge more for the match men than day anglers?
    ***** JohnBoy *****

  • #2
    Originally posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Might be a daft question but why do fisheries charge more for the match men than day anglers?
    I think Moorlands charges Less peg fee for opens!
    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

    Comment


    • #3
      they do
      they charge £4.50 in the week & £5 @ weekends
      unlike most around here lately £8 /9
      it amazes me why people pay those Stupid peg fees
      Colin

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
        they do
        they charge £4.50 in the week & £5 @ weekends
        unlike most around here lately £8 /9
        it amazes me why people pay those Stupid peg fees
        Too right Col! They have killed of many a club the greedy fools!
        Cant understand why places like Larford etc charge top fees during the week,surely they should be choppin it to about 3 or 4 quid to get some anglers there,i would think 20 anglers @3 quid would be better than sweet nothing @ 8 quid!
        Last edited by Brian G; 7 October 2014, 09:04 PM.
        HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

        Comment


        • #5
          Sheer Greed
          they wonder why Anglers decide to go elsewhere
          Colin

          Comment


          • #6
            I've gone back to the canals in the week instead of the puddles and loving it.

            I'd rather a double figure bag of silvers than a few carp all day long.
            here carpy carpy carpy

            Comment


            • #7
              you aint alone mate
              i have noticed the canal 5 mins from my house is getting a lot of Anglers on it this year
              have also seen more Anglers on the River than i have for about 10yrs
              lots of Match anglers getting fed up with being Ripped off
              Colin

              Comment


              • #8
                I would have thought the clubs who book ponds etc would get some kind of discount for a party? instead we get charged more? then we have to buy there pellets? Look at any other business and they all discount for groups, parties?
                ***** JohnBoy *****

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by letsgofishing View Post
                  I would have thought the clubs who book ponds etc would get some kind of discount for a party? instead we get charged more? then we have to buy there pellets? Look at any other business and they all discount for groups, parties?
                  Vote with your feet bud!
                  HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Moorlands Farm actualy do give a very good Discount for Additional bookings by Clubs
                    for each match booked they reduce peg fee prices
                    the more bookings your club has the less you pay
                    Tracy can explain in more detail !!
                    Colin

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Smudger View Post
                      I've gone back to the canals in the week instead of the puddles and loving it.

                      I'd rather a double figure bag of silvers than a few carp all day long.
                      done the same myself have near 40lb of chub the other day.
                      23lb after 3 hours tipped em back and bagged up again.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                        you aint alone mate
                        i have noticed the canal 5 mins from my house is getting a lot of Anglers on it this year
                        have also seen more Anglers on the River than i have for about 10yrs
                        lots of Match anglers getting fed up with being Ripped off
                        Plus the rivers are fishing better than ever, amazing considering all the floods/cormorants & seals u name it!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Problem is now you have a whole generation that know nothing but fishing for carp on pellet so when they take their kids fishin for the first time thats all the kids are going to learn!
                          Sad but true!
                          HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            moorlands open peg fee is £5.50..... £22 all in.....£1 for the bonus peg & £15.50 paid out....section prizes are never lower than £50.......with the £1 bonus money,you get a £200 prize if you win the match & then there are £50 section wins...you have got to draw them out first of course.....tell me which venue can beat that ?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Went to Larford with my club, 16 anglers got treated like , stuck in the corner of match lake just looking at each other in disbelief, I paid my club fees and never set a rod up, I calmly packed up informed the fishery that what they did was disgraceful, have never fished there again in 3 years and have not & will not ever buy a piece of Maver tackle again in my lifetime, that company & fishery will never have 1p out of me and another 15 people.
                              Moorlands is a great venue but them fish are so clued up it is difficult to catch 10 - 3 matches, still nice venue.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X