Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Angling For A Good Cause.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angling For A Good Cause.

Hello Everyone,
    Carol here in Rhos on Sea,

Just a query which all you experienced anglers out there can help me with. Perhaps!!!

I'm associated with a North Wales based conservation initiative, Stonecat Nature Reserves which is financed via fund raising events. Something on paper at the moment and planned for early Spring, is a sponsored fishing event.

SNR is planning to commission an experienced coarse angler from the West Merseyside/North Cheshire/North East Wales area, to fish over a predetermined number of hours on a selected venue, the catch caught, being sponsored by supporters.

SNR is willing to pay a fee to cover time and travelling costs for a single angler to fish this event.

The angler's task will be to fish on a venue of his choice, for a period of 10 hours, with a catch target of at least 50 Ib of fish. I know there are all sorts of permutations to stop this target being reached, but an experienced angler on a favourite water probably stands a better than average chance.

Stonecat Nature Reserves will provide the sponsors who will each pledge 1p per ounce of fish caught by the angler. Thus, if he (she) caught 10 Ib of fish, that would be 160 ounces. Therefore each sponsor would give to SNR, £1.60.

There will be an £8 cap on sponsorship per sponsor.

I'm asking if out there, there is an angler who thinks himself good enough to achieve this target and who might like to put his name forward. Perhaps, someone could suggest an angler of note who could be approached. Any information will be gratefully received.

Please email SNR at [email protected]

Thanks.

And secondly, could all you nice people out there email to the same address, the contact details of club secretaries in the above suggested area, so they can be approached with a view to hiring bank space for some angling matches also on the drawing board.

Thanks again.

Carol.

Carol check your personal messages

Comment

Working...
    X