Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

opens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opens

im thinking off fishing open matches after xmas in and around midlands,but dont really fancy the usuall places ie woodland view,moorlands,,,,any ideas?

What about the Saturday opens at Bonehill Mill.The contact number is on the adjoining thread to yours!!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

How about Tunnel Barn Farm - Blythe Waters - Packington Somers - Manor Farm - the list is almost endless in the Midlands, most need a few visits to sort out the winning methods but TBF and Manor Farm are fish filled waters where you should get a few bites.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

all depends on what tactics you perfer to fish? as to where you go? if you are an out and out pellet man then Tunnel barn or Manor farm are where you want to be, if you like fishing big feeders/wagglers for bream/carp then there is Maver larford, If you like a mixed fishery with low weights but made up with a higher percentage of silvers the there is hunnington? loads of choices but pointess going to manor farm or tunnel if you cant stand fishing pellet and paste, as nothing else works! (with the exception of a maggot feeder when bloody freezing):P
        Matt Smith
        Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

arrrggh cant edit now was supposed to say the last bit of the above applies only to manor
          Matt Smith
          Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

what about Hunnington in halesowen an up and coming fishery and not just the same faces
            :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
            [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Comment

sorry matt didnt realise you'd already suggested it

Comment

if you fancy canals you could try the Dudley canal, but theres some good anglers fish it and its mainly b/j that they fish

Comment

cheers everyone,i think ill give hunnington a go as ive heard irs more off a mixed venue,just need a bit more info on the place.

Comment

they also run a league on saturdays but its finished till march... Pellets must be bought on site, maggotts, caster & sweetcorn all have there day, the best pegs are usually on the bit that juts out but you can get a good weight from most pegs

Comment

Most of the opens around the Midlands are dominated by the venue regulars who know the venues/pegs inside out through fishing them 2 or 3 times a week. Its difficult for a newcomer to frame unless you can get some good info off one of the regulars. Best plan is to start with the 'affordable' matches and treat them as a practice/pleasure session and be prepared to lose a tenner, which is not bad for 5 hours entertainment.

Why dont you try the dog lane opens (dont know what the cost is)

http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/...beginning.html

Comment

Working...
                      X