Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Question for Carpmagic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Carpmagic

Do you think that flavors for pellets is important
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Good question, i think flavours are important at certain times. I'll be honest and say i dont flavour pellets very often and when i do its mainly with VDE's liquid pellet which i add to hard pellets when fishing up in the water. Expanders are a pellet i have flavoured in winter with some success though. Mainlines activ 8 and VBDE's scopex have caught me a fair few fish. The advantage in my opinion that flavours give you is confidence that your bait is more attractive to a feeding fish than your neighbours might be. I do like my bait to be different to everyone elses as i believe it gives me an edge.
    Steve Ringer
    Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

thanks Steve...

Comment

I use a fair bit of banana flavouring during the summer months but not certain that it is a must, as me and a mate tried feeding the same hard pellet he used marmite flavoured and caught I used my banana and caught, we both struggled when we swopped baits, ok the flavoured pellets were of different makes so did they make a difference to the presentation, as soon as we swopped back we both started to catch again. I agree with Steve I think its a confidence thing.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

my mum fishes quite abit but work has made a problem this year but back to flavouring she wont fish corn wihout dousing it in scopex for about 3 hours
          sensas /total angling

Comment

Could it be the placibo effect??
            Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
            ><((((?>
            .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

maybe you right Bill.......i think Steve is right about confidence put me on a canal i know i can catch on punch ,squatt........ put me with pellet on a pool that probably has more fish ,,,and i go to bits maybe i am just set in my ways

Comment

Peter you need a confidence boosting session on pellet, which can be indifferent at this time of the year, when it warms back up a bit try somewhere like Tunnel Barn or Manor Farm, or even up the Civils at Elmdon.

Comment

i am still trying to get Mr Blair to admit he employs me...........then that makes me a cival servant..........thats my theory and i sure am sticking to it ....but you are right i need to have a session or 10 on pellet

Comment

i dont really belive in flovours to be honest i think a cloud is better reagrdless off falvour and bit of scopex on maggots to take away amonia smell but havent bothered with that lately and asnt done me any harn so think will drop that off aswell
                    Pickerings Garbolino

43 Kammies

Whiteacres Intermediate Festival Winner 2007

Maver Classic 2007 qualyfier

Browning youthmasters 2007 qualyfier

Comment

Whilst on the subject of flavours thought you might find this interesting.

Olfaction:
                      The Olfatory organs (used to smell) are located at the base of the nostrils called nares. Water does not flow to any other part of the body from the nares. They are exclusively used for Olfaction (smelling), are paired and located between the eyes and the mouth.
                      they are shaped like and can be thought of as small U-tubes into which water enters through the leading or forward hole and exits through the rear port or opening. just behind the forward opening there is a flap of skin that directs water into the forward opening of the nare as the Carp move forward in the water. The movement of substances through the nares is aided by diffusion and by the motion of small hair like structures (cilia) within the nares.

Taste
                      Taste buds are numerous in and around the lip, mouth and tips of barbles.

><((((?>

Comment

you very deep aint you bill....did you pass your 11 plus

Comment

No Larry the school I went to was approved, LOL

><((((?>

Comment

:d :d
                            Last edited by Brian G; 16 December 2006, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Strange that it needs something in front of the grin smilie for it to work tonight

Comment

Working...
                              X