Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Question for carpmagic part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for carpmagic part 2

So has not to hijack Larry Teepots thread, but it is related.

I would like to ask steve what additives would you use for winter corn, meat, maggots etc to give the edge on carp dominated venues under match conditions.

Would you treat them differently if you were feeding and fishing the bait or just using the bait on its own on the bomb and hair rigged. Cheers.
    Steve Davies

no such thing as hijacking a thread if it relates to fishing then the answer is of interest to all...thats why Talk Angling works.....
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Cheers larry it is an interesting point (flavouring baites) personally i don't use additives but i am in a different league to steve and so would value his and others opinions on this subject.

So far this winter ive had a few first's and placings in the matches around the east mids but hopefully it will improve my winter match results.
      Steve Davies

Comment

""So far this winter ive had a few first's and placings in the matches around the east mids but hopefully it will improve my winter match results.""

So did you flavour your baits on the matches you won / placings ??
        Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
        ><((((?>
        .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

No, i feed very little and not very often but use larger baits on the hook (feed maggot, micro pellet and use corn,meat,pellet on the hook) and it seems to pick out the better stamp fish which get me into the frame. I am confident in this even if it takes to the last minute of the match , as on wednesday at fosten on the A1 I had a carp last put in which won me the match.

I wanted to know wether flavouring the hook bait will get me more fish or its just a confidence thing.
          Steve Davies

Comment

DNW, as i said on the other post, additives are very much a personal thing. I believe they do make a difference in certain circumstances. As i said before they also bring me confidence which is one of the most important parts of angling. As for whether they catch you more fish thats debatable. I believe in certain instances they do. The main one in winter being when you are fishing a single hookbait on the straight lead. To me a flavoured piece of meat or corn has to have more attraction than a normal piece. As for what flavours as i said before, mainlines activ8, Assasin 8, VDE scopex have all caught me fish. Personally though half the fun is in trying out different flavours and finding out what works for you. Onto your second point, if im feeding a bait say on the pole then i dont see any massive advantage to flavouring your hookbait, as to catch a fish you have to make it feed and chances are it will eat your loose offerings before your hookbait anyway. Hope that helps. By the way im talking winter rather than summer here.
            Steve Ringer
            Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

Cheers steve, the reason i asked the question for corn and meat was that i didn't know if you did things differently for pellet.

Also i can only get to 1 match a week and never get chance to practise so can't really try out which one works without losing ground in a match.

So your help has been appreciated and will give the flavours you recomend a try. cheers.
              Steve Davies

Comment

No worries, there are loads of good flavours out there but most of them are found in the carp dept rather than the match.
                I do really like to fish flavoured meat on the lead in winter, for some reason i seem to catch a better stamp of fish on it as well. The way i look at it is if everyone is casting out a straight lead and corn then where is youe edge? There is only so much you can do set up wise so it has to be an additive. Just my opinion of course.
                Steve Ringer
                Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

Working...
                X