Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Nige Williams fish smuggler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nige Williams fish smuggler

Nige Williams as been fined £800 and £500 costs for trying to illegally import fish into Ireland.

Steve Maidment from the Centre for Environment Fisheries said
    " Angling is not a game to be played by a few professionals,it is a sport enjoyed by millions and is actuley vunerable to the threat of fatal fish diseases.
    The most important element of the sport is healthy fish,if they die , so does angling."

SHOULD HAVE JAILED HIM

I applaude your comments. I have witnessed a KHV outbreak with my son's koi pond this is an ugly disease, and we do not want plonkers like him adding fuel to the fire. The sport of angling does not want this, we have a clean bill of health lets keep it that way.

Well done the CEF.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

SHOOT THE GIT

Comment

I was given to understand by the media that the Irish Authorities were taking a very dim view of this blatant disrgard of Irish law. Apperently not. I should imagine Nigel will not feel the loss of £1300 as a punishment quite as much as I think he should have. But hey I open my local paper every week to find driver's with no tax /no Insurance being fined £150 when everybody's road tax & insurance is at least treble that for the year. Makes ya blood boil!!!!
        [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

why did he do it, ain't the fish in Ireland, he has lost respect from lots of anglers and much much more, thats the big question why?
          :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

Comment

He made a mistake...I quite often see anglers catching Gudgeon and roach out of the canal to use as livebait for perch and pike at other venues.

The bloke has put a lot of his life into the good side of fishing, helping others, pike conservation, etc etc. lets not forget that.

whats the saying "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Comment

Made a mistake 'My Arse' he has no shame and states that he was grassed up. If he was i applaud the grass. He had livebait with air feeds in the boot of his car. LETS NOT FORGET THAT and yes i do live in a glass house and i can throw stones

Comment

billy whizz i agree with woodhouse on this one. i have also seen fish get taken from water for pike bait, plus on one commercial i saw fish taken for cat fishing when live/ dead baiting was banned. On more than one occasion ive seen gold fish being taken to Ireland to be used as bait. So were is the difference.

Fish get moved all the time legaly or illegaly. Its just that he got grassed up.

Grassing scum

Comment

So its OK to break the rules? it was not as simple as obtaining one or two roach or gudgeon for livebaiting as i dont pike fish is that illegal, it may break a waters rules but that may be all. Is it ok to book on one of Woodhouses matches and break the rules my guess is not, and offenders would soon be jumped on.
                  Nigel broke the law he was caught he was fined if he was grassed then so be it, he knew exactly what he was doing.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

So, Me/Woodhouse. the fact you,ve seen roach, gudgeon and goldfish moved/used for other purposes and did nothing about it makes it right does it?. What you should have done if you have any regard for your sport is "GRASS THEM UP".

Comment

I'm not saying what he did was right...It was not..It was illegal and he got caught and has been punished..what i am saying is he should be given a second chance, Nige Williams has been a good ambassador for fishing for a long time, he said that he was going to kill the fish and use them as deads and i believe him.

Comment

why should he be given a second chance, only cause his a famous angler. if one of us did it (not saying any of us would) we would get the book thrown at us.
                        :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

Comment

The rules regarding transport of fish are there to protect the sport we all love. Anyone caught breaking these rules should be dealt with severely and gets no sympathy from me what so ever, famous or not. (probably not - I've never heard of him anyway )

Comment

I would like to see how many of commercial owners have section 30's for EVERY stocking that has taken place......Tax free is a wonderful/cheap option.

Comment

like or not, admit it or not but we all break rules wether it be illegaly moving fish or using illegal baits ect right down to speeding. Rules are there, rules get broken. He got caught and hes paid the penalty, but i bet other people will still take the risk of trying to take fish over to ireland.

Comment

Working...
                              X