Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

I'm Filling up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Filling up

Ok guys,

I'am the proud owner of my new Shimano 4000 GTM/RB.

So what in your opinion would be a good line to fill me spools up with. I have used Diawa in the past but was thinking of useing the Ultra/ high tec lines. This reel will be mainly used for the feeder on commercials, so breaking strain ?? 8lb or 6lb- 10lb to big you think.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

You won't go far wrong with Ultima Power Plus , I have 6lb for my feeder work.

Comment

Is the Ultima power plus equivalent to the High tec lines ????

><((((?>

Comment

Here you go...

Power Plus Fishing Lines | Ultima UK

Comment

Cheers caster great link many thanks. Have a good Crimbo.

><((((?>

Comment

Last year (and then 2 years previous) I put new line on to my motly collection of reels, In fact last year I think I replaced line on 1 reel that had not been used but seemed to have gone weak?

Point is I probably only used reels about 4 or 5 times last year, not having been on the river the closed face ones did not even come out of their bags, so may just do 1 or 2 this year.
            PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

Good point Ejayar.

><((((?>

Comment

For the method feeder im using Shimano Technium 8lb, Pro Gold 8lb or Maxima, The first costing a little bit more but i think you,ll be impressed.

Comment

I agree with caster I use Ultima Power plus main line and have various strains loaded up on my shimano stradic 4000 reels I use the 8lb for all carp feeder work, 6lb for bagging wag and 4/5lb for bream or straight lead work, what I will say is that the line has excellant line lay and is robust as well as being one of the limpest lines I have used sinks well, perfect for feeder work, pellet waggler or straight waggler work, excellant stuff as is there XT7 which I use for pole work.

Comment

Woody I did use the shimano technium before power plus but the ultima line is very similar but I find it a tad limper with less memory

Comment

Fred / Woody

Great feed back and I thank you both. Think i will opted for the Ultima power plus 8lb main.

Again I thank you all that responded and Have a great Christmas.

><((((?>

Comment

Working...
                      X