Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

been out today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been out today

I,ve been out today and although my local water was frozen over 3 or 4 days ago my expectations of having a few, even though a thaw normally kills it stone dead, were reasonably high!. I fed a single line on the pole at 13mtrs with pellet and the odd grain of corn but i hadn,t realized at the time that i,d put on one of those dry topped floats or one that was broken cos it just wouldn,t go under. Anyway after an hour and a half of extreme antisipation i decide to chuck the tip before i lost all of my fingernails. Straight lead, 2 grains of corn, hair rigged of course was what i decided on, nothing fancy just a short loop and a 6 to 8 inch hooklength. Now here,s what i cant get my head round the roach aint havin it, the skimmers aint havin it, the carp aint havin it,. the first 3 fish i put over the net were 2 tench around the 2lb mark and a crusian of about 12 oz. This was nice too see but in those conditions it must have been more luck than judgement. I did get the opportunity to say happy new year to 5 carp at about 1 oclockish that had decide to have a munch but other than the suprise tench and crusian the day was quite uneventful.

Wouldn't you say it's a general thing in cold weather tho that the carp are not so active until after midday?
    you don't stop playing because you're too old
    you're too old because you stopped playing

Comment

Woody sounds like you had a gruler mate. Were is your local ?? (pond)
      Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
      ><((((?>
      .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Been out myself today.......................

Fish a chuck, topped off with a nice chub about 2lb

Fished little burn on the borwick complex.

Comment

went izack walton chebsey yesterday won my lake and was second overal with 41lb been today for a rover at cudmore hasnt fished too good they payed 7 for no sections and i got 7th with 17lb
          Pickerings Garbolino

43 Kammies

Whiteacres Intermediate Festival Winner 2007

Maver Classic 2007 qualyfier

Browning youthmasters 2007 qualyfier

Comment

well done danny did many turn up

what pools were they on is there a match tomoz at cudmore
            sensas /total angling

Comment

Working...
            X