Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Brolly Stabilisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brolly Stabilisation

So what is your take on the subject of Brolly Stabilisation.

Having experienced some horendous winds yesterday on our wind beaten days fishing, we had megga problems getting the brolly to sit still, main problem was that the stageings albeit very substantial were concrete slabs. So although I anchored my brolly to the box with me brolly clamp the pointy end was resting on the slabs so when a gust arrived it was slipping all over the place. I had three guide ropes holding it in place but to no avail. So when you cant get a good soft bit of ground to put your brolly pole in any suggestions, I'm up for a good idea any time, so come on lads get your thinking caps on.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Try using TWO brolly clamps, top and bottom of the leg

Comment

Do as i do mate..... Just getsome good waterproof's. I've not used a brolly for a few years not worth the hassle when its windy .
      [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Two clamps =good idea

Paul= even better

><((((?>

Comment

i use pretty red rope to tie mine down...doesnt work....but looks real cute
          In darkness we do what we can
          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

actually i am struggling with the new box the old one had round legs so i just reversed pole and slipped it over leg fished like that for years ...now...i use the rope and sit at edge of concrete or wood not very happy i think the double brolly fix sounds best...unless i make a square sleeve and get it welded to brolly pole that may work i am on the case
            In darkness we do what we can
            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

just before christmas me and my friend had the same problem, we was setting up and putting our brollies in to the clamps when the wind took his brolly and his seat box, and put it into the water. we had to rescue it by boat. that was on fishing day out which we wanted to forget!
              :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

Comment

Max we had the same early on a match this year one lad had the lot blown into the water, draw came open and lost the lot what did float was ruined. Big case for a better design on brolly shafts I think, they make them to flimsy I know they have to be light, but several of the chaps on our lake yesterday ended up with bent alloy poles the are no good to any body.

Come on Larry get them cells clicking and get the idea pattented and I dont mean colour to match your ropes, I saw them by the way they look lovely.

><((((?>

Comment

When it comes to brolly poles there is only one worth using and that's The Gardener Solid Aluminium Pole. It is all but indestructable and will even screw into a crack in concrete.I've had one for about 8 years now and it's still good as new.

Having watched a good few boxes do "Mary Poppins" impressions over the years I would NEVER clamp my brolly to my box.

Also change the silly little knurled screw that is supplied with most brollies to tighten them to the pole with a decent Handwheel Screw, it makes it far easier to tighten, especially if you have cold/wet hands.
                  [COLOR=blue][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG] "Minxed" to the max.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_shock.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
                  [URL="http://petermorton1.xanga.com/"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Click this link to read "My Fishing Diaries"[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Comment

sit further back and put your brolly in the soft ground

Comment

Saw a few variations on brolly siting yesterday. I just didn't bother, in strong gusting winds that swirl & change direction it's pointless. A few were chased along the bank yesterday, with one snapping the support pole.

Comment

I only use me brolly in windy conditions if its natural bank! Thats the only way to firmly secure it IMO ,. Your tilt locks a must and so are your tie ropes. All to often i see anglers with their brolly,s straight up like palm trees just waiting for a gust of wind to either turn em inside out or carry em across the water. I do on some occasions put me brolly up in sunny conditions but thats more to protect my bait rather than myself, Having said that i do have "2" Preston brolly arms on my box to be used when conditions allow For those that can afford it you could invest in gortex gear its invaluble

Comment

I tend to give up totally with a brolley in the wind unless I am in amongst the trees on a sloping bank with something to tie it to.
                          PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

If you use a couple of bunges tied onto your ropes it helps a lot, takes away the sudden surge of the wind (longish ones best)

Comment

i don't use them at anytime i think they get in the way??
                              just wear some good water proofs lol

Comment

Working...
                              X