Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Float Fishing Vs Ledgering??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float Fishing Vs Ledgering??

Hey guys,

I am just wondering which method of fishing you think would work best carp lake fisheries, and i am looking for a new rod so this will help me to try and decide ... like to see some of your views.

Many thanks Gadz

Must have both.

The answer is both!! Waggler & feeder/straight lead are equally sffective & are used depending on the fishery, weather conditions & swim selection.

If i had to choose 1 it would be a feeder/ledger rod to be used in conjunction with a pole attack depending on the cicumstances above.
    [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

As Paul rightly says, the methods can all be deadly on their day so don't discount any of them.
      One thing I would say is that a lot of Carp venues now fish well on method and/or big waggler (where allowed) as well as normal feeder or ledger tactics so a medium/heavy feeder rod would be my choice if I had to pick just one..........................just picking the right one for the type of fishing you will do most.
      PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

Go for a barbel twin top type of rod - one top section will be an avon style approx 1.25 to 1.5 lb test curve and the other being a normal quiver tip style with interchangeable tips. You have the best of both worlds most waggler fishing for carp is either splasher / pellet waggler ideal for the avon style top
        straight lead - light tip, method feeder - heavy tip problem solved and should pick a good one up for £70

Comment

I shied away from the Avon twin top type of rod when I first came back to fishing, only because they were only 2 sections which made even an 11' rod very long in my old holdall/car. Now with poles coming with longer sections, they are the longest thing in the bag so the Avon 2 section rods could enjoy a revival.
          PB Pike just over 17lb

Comment

oops, yes I know, before anyone notices my deliberate mistake, they come with 3 sections, 2 tops and a butt section but only 2 sections are used at any one time.
            PB Pike just over 17lb

Comment

Working...
            X